Last time, the side effects set in on day 3. That will be Thursday this time. I ask for your continued prayers. My blood work showed that my white blood cells were down. I am therefore getting an injection today that is supposed to tell my bones to make more white blood cells. One of the side effects can be bone pain. I've talked with the doctor and nurses and have a plan for facing it, as well as some of the flu-like side effects, so I'm prepared for the fight.
Here is what I'd like you all to pray about:
- The new medicine will cause by bones to cheerfully make white blood cells to fight infection without grumbling or complaining. Philippians 2:14
- Nausea, heartburn, diarrhea (Ugh did I just write that?), and mouth and throat sores will be non-existent or quickly treated by the medicines I have
- I will stay hydrated. I hovered on the edge of dehydration last time.
- And that I will not have excessive fatigue. I know that I need to rest and recover, but I don't want to lose whole days in sleep, or I won't sleep at night.
- The cancer will shrink and disappear.
All the cards, notes, and comments have been so supportive. Just knowing that so many are praying helps tremendously. One of the tricks of the enemy is to make us feel like we're all alone. He is so wrong. God is good, and God's people are so loving and kind. Thank you all again for helping me remember that truth.
By the way, I've been asked for my snail mail address. I am happy to give it, but prefer to send it by email directly. So drop me an email at lauraofharvestlane@gmail, and I'll give it to you.
If there is something you'd like me to pray for you about, please tell me by email, on the blog, or by snail mail. I would count it an honor to talk to Father about it.
So many of you have joined me in my battle. I'm sticking to the battle plan though the journaling didn't go so well when I was really sick. I've done a lot of praying, praising, and worshiping. Praising and worshiping God is like slapping the enemy silly. Giggle. I love this War Song. I sing it loud!
Be blessed ladies. Don't wait until a crisis to seek God. He promises to be found when we seek Him! Learning to lean on Jesus is something that you want to do right now—whether you are in good times or bad times. Holy Spirit is waiting to teach you, comfort you, help you pray, be your constant companion, and fill you with His love.
Love to you all with thanksgiving!