Do Unto Others
Matthew 7:12Seven minutes of stream of conciousness starts now!
I'm home alone this afternoon. I've been catching up on laundry all day including blankets and throws for the furniture. What does this have to do with doing unto others? Well, I'm home alone, because my husband is doing unto others as I write.
We moved to Carthage in 1993. Every year, there is a huge, massive, unbelievably large gathering of Vietnamese Catholics from all across the country and around the world that comes to Carthage on what I would imagine might be called a pilgramage. The gathering is held at the Vietnamese monastery in town. Many thousands of people come each year to worship together. Most camp on the grounds or in nearby yards (with permission, of course). The locals love to go and sample all of the delicious foods. I've been a few times, but the heat really bothers me. It's 98 today. Too hot for this old gal.
My husband is doing unto others by giving free rides to people who are going back and forth to Walmart a few miles away. We've done it for many years. It is a blessing to the riders to get out of the heat for a bit. It's a blessing to us to serve and care for others with what the LORD has provided.
This year, our car is a small suv. So, unlike years past, when we had a van, I stay home to allow an extra rider. It's ok. I like knowing that the other half of my ONE, is blessing others while I bless him with clean laundry. ~smile~
That's my seven minutes. What's a way that you're doing unto others as you'd want them to do unto you lately?
So, many of you have been around a long time. What are your thoughts on this format for the time being?
Blessings!
Laura

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for writing me back!
This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!
Laura Lane