Friday, July 16, 2010

Harvest Peach Jam

Hi!

Today's jam was Harvest Peach.

I used the recipe from the Ball pectin package and made some changes. Please take time to read the pectin package for exact directions on how to use your pectin and how to prepare your jars and process your jars of jam for safety in a boiling water bath.


Thank you Free Stock Photos.

4 cups diced fresh peaches I used my liquid measuring cup.

1 package fruit pectin

4 cups brown sugar

1 cup white sugar

1 tablespoon cinnamon

6 half-pint or 3 pint jars with rings and new lids
.....

Measure brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir to combine. This is important because the cinnamon may clump together if it is not incorporated. Set the sugar aside.
.....

Put the peaches and pectin in a large pot. Cook on high, stirring constantly, until it comes to a rolling boil. You won't be able to stir the bubbles away. Set the timer and cook one minute. Now add your sugar mixture all at once. Continue to cook on high stirring continuously. When it comes to a rolling boil again, cook one more minute. When timer goes off again, remove it from the heat. Ladle jam into prepared jars using a canning funnel. Process according to
manufacturer's directions.
.....

My children loved this jam. It tastes just like peach crisp. I may sneak a bit over some vanilla icecream! The taste also made me think of Autumn....

~~~~~
May I suggest?
Frugal Jelly
~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. Your jam sounds yummy. I am always surprised at how everyone's crops come in at different times. We have been all done with peaches for maybe a month now, and are now onto the pears and the apples. Hope your jam turns out good and tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love peaches and I love jam. So this is perfect! Pinning to the Fridays Unfolded board! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for talking back, Alison!
    I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as my family does.
    Blessings,
     
     
    Laura
    Lane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor