Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ummmmm....Not So Great a Day for a BBQ!

Spring and Winter are battling it out in Southwest Missouri. We enjoyed the most perfect weather on Friday. It was so nice, we just couldn't stay inside! The children played outside with friends for most of the afternoon. I gave my oldest daughter her spelling test on the porch in the sunshine. Then, I just closed my eyes and soaked in the vitamin D and warmth. I awoke a short time later, refreshed.

Well, Winter didn't like that one bit! It came back with a vengeance early Saturday morning. Rain followed by sleet followed by snow followed by more sleet. I was so thankful for our warm home and our old fashioned radiators. Our chickens are none too pleased by the snow. They huddled in the little concrete playhouse in the straw all day Saturday.

About 8:00 this morning, we received a call from our Pastor. Church was called off. I don't even remember that happening before. Well, you've probably already guessed that we didn't have our cook out today. Instead, Honey is making his favorite meatloaf for dinner. We'll no doubt have some potatoes with it. What else? I'm not sure. I'll just have to see what we have.

Are you enjoying the first day of Spring?

Laura
Under about 6" of Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor