Friday, June 10, 2011

Joplin Tornado Update

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry that I've been off-line so much lately.  The Joplin Tornado has kept our family busy.  We've had lots of folks staying at the Big House for the last couple of weeks.  We'll have more coming in over the next few weeks.  Lowell has been working as liason between Joplin Family Worship Center and FEMA, SEMA, Red Cross, and I don't even know who else.  He's up early in the morning and serving at the house next door, then it's off to the church and meetings, home around 6 or 7 pm, then over to the big house again to make sure everyone's settled in for the evening.  He usually comes home to our house around 8:30 or 9:30.  He's wearing himself out.  I do ask for your prayers for him. 

The kids have been JFWC and helping for several days.  I have to make them stay home some days.  They are getting tired, too.  I told them no more working until Monday.  There is so much need; and, they see it.  I thank God that they want to serve.  They're working hard for the Lord.

I've been holding the fort down here and doing what needs to be done on the home front.  People come and go during the day.  It's a whole different life from the one we were living just a couple of months ago.  Then, Lowell and Matthew weren't here; and, we had no car during the week.  It was 5 days at a time of relative peace and quiet at home.  My things change!  May we all serve with a happy spirit.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying. I am thankful our Lord has your family to serve in His name where there is a great need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you all, but to take special care of yourselves, you can't help out if your down too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor