Saturday, December 7, 2013

Not to Worry! There's Still Time!




I want to thank you lovely ladies who have written words of love and encouragement to me.  I find that God's love is abounding to our family in this season.  Today we had a lovely light snow.  It was just enough to cheer me.


We have about two weeks to prepare for Christmas.  I've not made nor bought a gift, save a couple of stocking stuffers and gifts for our pastors.  So much for being prepared early. ~grin~

Not to worry though.  There's still time to bake gingerbread and sugar cookies, pumpkin bread and pies, fudge and peanut brittle... still time for Christmas movies and Christmas stories... still time for our Advent wreath and The Advent Book... still time to buy gifts for those I love and perhaps even time to make a few small things.

I will put on my favorite Christmas music, make some tea, and start making a list and checking it twice!  My dear husband has promised me lunch out today.  Perhaps he will help me to think through those things that we really want to enjoy in this season. 

May God bless you as you celebrate Christmas!

Laura
Celebrating
the Goodness of God in the Land of the Living


13 comments:

  1. And still time for Christmas gatherings. :) We're looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks! :)

    Have a joyous day today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time out with your hubby. Thinking of you, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendi,
    Thank you!
    I think I'd better take some paper and the kids' wish lists. ~smile~
    Have a very sweet weekend.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing you, too, Miss Sarah.
    Have a great weekend.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Laura,
    My heart goes out to you. We are right there with my mother, too. The Lord knows our pain, and I am so thankful we will be able to see our loved ones in heaven :) Come quickly, Lord Jesus!!!
    Grace, mercy, and peace to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Annie! I bought the first gift today. Yay!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacqueline,
    May The Holy Spirit bring peace, comfort, and the envelopment of His love to you and yours this season.
    Blessings friend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb,
    I'm such a do it early person when it comes to Christmas preparations. Since I'm so behind this year, I needed to remind myself and anyone like me, that there is indeed time for all the important things.
    I'm honored that you took time to talk back. :)
    I'll be over for a visit in a few minutes.
    Blessings to you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a wonderful peaceful time leading up to Christmas! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Linda. I wish peace and happiness for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum yum yum!
    now its 7 days till Christmas. Not counting tonight.
    Love you Mom
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor