Did you enjoy your Memorial Day weekend? We celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary. I guess you could say it was thrifty, because we had to cancel our weekend getaway. Our van started making a noise (just had to be this weekend), so we had it looked at Saturday morning. It was something big in the wheel. Nothing thrifty about that! We had to cancel the getaway. We couldn't get it fixed until Wednesday.
- I paid $10 extra for high mileage oil. Yes, it was more expensive, but we have over 200,000 miles on our van. It's our only vehicle, so it's worth a bit more to keep it running. I want it to go at least 300,000. I speak life to it in Jesus' Name! The Scriptures say that all things are held together in Jesus. That includes my van!
- I received three review movies in the mail. Thank you, Edify!
- I bought the Trim Healthy Mama book on Kindle. I already had it on my shelf, but it's over six hundred pages long. I thought the $15 to make it easy-to-read was a worthy investment in my health.
- I received a book, Married 'til Monday, by mistake from a review company. It's not my normal genre, so I contacted the company. They told me to keep it. I was happy not to pay postage to return it. They are going to send a copy of the correct book.
- I ordered a review book.
- A couple of friends brought food to share... eggs, bread, peanut butter, tuna, apples, oranges... lots of good things. Thank you Ellen and Laura.
- My friend gave me a salad spinner. I've been needing one!
- Check out the free homeschooling coupon download in my sidebar.
Well, that's about it. I hope you have a very enjoyable weekend. It's been rainy but beautiful here in Southwest Missouri. How are things in your neck of the woods? What thrifty things have you done this week?
Blessed to be a Blessing
May I suggest?