Monday, July 17, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ July 17, 2017


As I write ... Sunday afternoon

The weather....  Hot and sunny 

Right now I am... so glad that my adult son stopped by and spent some time with me. He said that Battle Bots was back on TV. I didn't know what it was, so he pulled up some of the little robot war games on YouTube. We watched battle after battle. Teams build little robot warriors that are meant to destroy the other warriors. It's not exactly my thing, but spending some time with my Matthew was definitely my thing. 

Thinking... I am glad this is my "good week".

A quote to share... 
♥♥♥♥♥
"If you think this matter is hopeless, then I can only surmise that you believe God has no control over it." 
Granny to Merrill Jean in The Icecutter's Daughter by Tracie Peterson
♥♥♥♥♥ 
 On my reading pile...  

Lessons at Blackberry Inn
by my friend Karen Andreola
Check out her Moments with Mother Culture site.
The Legacy
by Michael Phillips

Favorite blog posts last week...  


Something fun to share...



On the menu for this week.... 
  • Monday...  Hot Dogs and Macaroni and Cheese (embarrassing but true)
  • Tuesday...  Take and Bake Pizza and Watermelon  
  • Wednesday...  Church Supper 
  • Thursday...  Chili Verde p. 29 of Once-A-Month Cooking by Mimi Wilson & Mary Beth Lagerborg ~ My copy is almost as old as our marriage! I got it back in the 1980's! Chili Verde is one of my family's all-time favorite meals. I bet all the kids will want to be home for this. 
  • Friday...  Dinner out
On my to do list... 
  • Finish school records from last year
  • Work on plans for school for coming year

In the workbasket...  
  • Need to sew flowers on hats and weave in yarn ends...may make some more flowers. 

Looking forward to this week...
  • Feeling good. 
  • Early morning walks with doggy to look at the garden
  • Amy's girls' Bible study and watermelon feed on Tuesday night
  • Staying in the air conditioning as much as possible!

Looking around the house... always lots to do. Trying to be content working in the spurts of energy I have and not wearing myself out.


From the camera...



Missing my mother-in-love on her birthday.


Devotional...  Encouragement and Comfort from God


On my prayer list...

  • Peace of Jerusalem and Israel
  • My friend, BJ's, husband moved to Heaven this past week. I am praying for Holy Spirit to comfort her and help her.
  • Glenda has been diagnosed with colon cancer and must have surgery and chemo. 
  • Wisdom, health, and protection for President Trump, Vice-President Pence, and their families. 
  • Healing for our country so that we may be ONE nation under God.
  • Cancer will die the death in my body. My heart, brain, organs, and healthy cells will be protected. I will live and not die and declare the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 118:17


My prayer for you, my reader...

Jesus, you are above every problem that we have. You are the source, you are the hope, you are the lover of our souls. Jesus, I pray that you will fill each reader with a sense of your presence by the Holy Spirit and with a sense of your deep love. May each seek you and love you with all his or her heart, mind, will and strength. Amen.

Thanks for dropping by!
Please say hello.
Laura


Joining with Sandra at Happy Homemaker Monday.
~~~~~

35 comments:

  1. Praying your 'good week", will be wonderful and you will have many good days!!!
    Menu sounds good [ nothing wrong with hot dogs and mac n cheese..smile Have the same menus sometimes..ha]
    Proud you got to spend the time with grown son.. These are always special days.
    Please add a lady name Glenda to your prayer list, [I go to church with her sister]. She has been having colon trouble for awhile.. They found cancer , and she is scheduled for surgery and then chemo. The doctors are not giving them much hope.. But, we know with God , all things are possible.. thank you in advance for the prayers.
    Praying for you Laura.. Take care of yourself..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father God, I ask you to bring miraculous healing to Glenda. Lord, they found the cancer. They'll do what they can do. I'm asking You to do what You do best—the miraculous. Wrap Glenda in your loving care. Help her to recover well from her surgery and help her body handle the chemo. Please protect every healthy cell and cause every cancer cell to die the death in Jesus' Name! Amen.

      Hugs to you Judy, I still like Kraft Mac and Cheese just like when I was little!

      Laura

      Delete
  2. Aww...I am so thankful you were able to spend that sweet time with your son. Cherished memories for both of you, for sure. Thank you for sharing about Kristen and little Eli! We still cannot stop praising God!!!! Thank you for sharing this burden with us for so long and for being so faithful to pray and encourage. Praying much for you and believing God to heal you and make you whole, in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome dear one!
      You were most faithful, too.
      I enjoyed seeing the family.
      Wish I could be there to give them all a hug.
      Laura

      Delete
  3. So thankful you spent some time with your son and thankful that you are feeling "good" this week. I pray for continued healing of your body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My youngest son and husband love Battle Bots! They'll be excited to know it's back on. Glad you were able to spend some time with your son. I think your menu sounds great. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what channel the B B is on, but I'm happy for your guys. Hope you have access to it. Enjoy your week my new friend!
      Laura

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry you are going through these treatments, but how wonderful that we have them. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to fight and live.

      Delete
  6. I also have the Once-A-Month-Cooking book!! I love most of the recipes. I've never made the Chili Verde so now I'm going to have to try it. The one I use most often is the quiche. I always make 2 and freeze one for an emergency. That was my mom's very favorite when she lived here.

    Hot dogs and mac n cheese is just fine....in moderation lol. My brother could've eaten it everyday. The husband & I go to Sam's once a month for shopping and then we have a very special lunch date at Chez Sam's Café lol. We each get a hot dog, bag of chips, & a drink. We're big spenders and enjoy a fancy meal out!! I start craving kraut about 2 wks. before we go. My taste buds know lol.

    Enjoy your good week....but not too much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an uplifting post.. so glad I stopped by. Have a wonderfully bright week and hope you feel fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending love and healing prayers dear Laura. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your good week! I pray that you will live in the moment and enjoy all the small things that are often overlooked. Yesterday a friend told us that he had sat on his porch watching the sun go down one night and thought to himself that it happens every night but he does not take the time to enjoy it in favor of things that do not matter. I was thankful for that reminder.
    Just before I clicked to your post I was thinking of hot dogs for supper tomorrow night. Why not? It's summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's excellent advice Lana. Thank you for encouraging me to live in the moment and enjoy.

      Delete
  10. I hope your "good week" will be great. It's nice that you got to visit with your son.

    I'm in Missouri too. 100 degree days Wednesday through Saturday or Sunday predicted here where I live. I'm having a hard time coming up with enough cool foods for our dinners. I thought about having mac and cheese the other night before it got quite so hot around here, but changed my mind at the last minute. No need to apologize for Mac n Cheese and hot dogs. Many of us grew up on similar meals, tasty, fast, and filling.

    You are in my prayers. Take care and stay cool.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie,
      It's definitely way too hot! Our a/c is struggling, so we bought some more fans.
      Be blessed,
      Laura

      Delete
  11. If our grown children only knew how much their visits mean! Glad yours stopped by last week. Hotdogs and macaroni and cheese....embarrassed???....girl, that's my favorite meal and not because it's easy. It's good!!! Enjoy your good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make a chili sauce to go with it. It was my first time. I looked at a bunch of recipes, then made my own. I had to have my son test it to see if I had the spices right, because my taste is a bit off for spices right now. ~wink~

      Have a terrific week!
      Laura

      Delete
  12. Oh I meant to tell you that my mom's maiden name was Benson. I noticed that on your MIL's marker. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She grew up in Winchester, Kansas. Think they might be related?

      Delete
  13. Sweet Laura, what a blessing you are! You are truly a ray of sunshine. You are never far from my thoughts and prayers, dear one!

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet to me Stephanie. This ray of sunshine had a couple of days of being overcast with clouds over the weekend, but I am feeling much better now. Thank you so much for praying faithfully!
      Hug,
      Laura

      Delete
  14. Hot Dogs and Macaroni and Cheese is one of my go to meals.
    No shame, my friend!!!!
    Hugs and love. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am vindicated!

      But, the take and bake pizza I'm substituting tonight since there are just two of us at home? ~smile~ Right now, with my energy level, I'm just glad to get something on the table.

      Be blessed my friend,
      Laura

      Delete
  15. Hi Laura! Your menu sounds so yummy! Glad you've been having better days. Praying for lots more of those for you my Dear.
    Blessings on your week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been better this week, Carrie. Thanks for checking on me.
      Blessings for your week, too!
      Laura

      Delete
  16. Thank you so much Teri. I appreciate your prayers. They are working. I just know it! God bless you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am thankful for your good week dear friend. You know, hot dogs and mac and cheese sounds really good to me! My Jack has to go and have a little skin cancer removed from his noggin the 7th of august.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father God, thank you that the skin cancer was found! I thank you for the skill of the surgeon and the staff. I thank you for the complete healing that Jack will experience. I thank you for the money to pay the bills. Thank you God! I know we can trust you since you love Jack and Michelle so very much. Bless him Lord! Bless her Lord! I ask it all by the power of the blood of Jesus, son of David, and in the precious name of Jesus the Christ. Amen.

      Thank you for honoring me with the opportunity to pray for Jack!
      Huggles,
      Laura

      Delete
  18. Dear Laura, thank you so much for visiting me, so I could find you.
    I didn't know you were ill - and I am sending up prayers for you.

    I am a believer, and believe that your faith will grant you the strength you need. You are not alone.

    I had two daughters so don't really know what Battle Bots are, I think I need to look it up, too.

    Peace be with you, sweet lady. God bless you and envelope you in His Merciful Love. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Michelle, I do appreciate your prayers. God is so good! I trust in his love and healing power. Jesus healed everyone who asked!

      God bless!
      Laura

      Delete
  19. I am happy to hear it is your good week and sorry to hear what you are going though :( Thanks for sharing at The Wednesday blog hop. The birds are so calming and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm late commenting this week. Loved your post - The Legacy looks like a great book - I clicked over to Amazon and I see the series is called Secrets of the Shetlands, one of my favorite areas. Love anything about that part of the world. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor