As I write ... Sunday afternoon
The weather.... Hot and sunny
Right now I am... so glad that my adult son stopped by and spent some time with me. He said that Battle Bots was back on TV. I didn't know what it was, so he pulled up some of the little robot war games on YouTube. We watched battle after battle. Teams build little robot warriors that are meant to destroy the other warriors. It's not exactly my thing, but spending some time with my Matthew was definitely my thing.
Thinking... I am glad this is my "good week".
A quote to share...
"If you think this matter is hopeless, then I can only surmise that you believe God has no control over it."
Granny to Merrill Jean in The Icecutter's Daughter by Tracie Peterson
On my reading pile...♥♥♥♥♥
|Lessons at Blackberry Inn|
by my friend Karen Andreola
Check out her Moments with Mother Culture site.
by Michael Phillips
Favorite blog posts last week...
Something fun to share...
On the menu for this week....
- Monday... Hot Dogs and Macaroni and Cheese (embarrassing but true)
- Tuesday... Take and Bake Pizza and Watermelon
- Wednesday... Church Supper
- Thursday... Chili Verde p. 29 of Once-A-Month Cooking by Mimi Wilson & Mary Beth Lagerborg ~ My copy is almost as old as our marriage! I got it back in the 1980's! Chili Verde is one of my family's all-time favorite meals. I bet all the kids will want to be home for this.
- Friday... Dinner out
Finish school records from last year
- Work on plans for school for coming year
In the workbasket...
- Need to sew flowers on hats and weave in yarn ends...may make some more flowers.
Looking forward to this week...
- Feeling good.
- Early morning walks with doggy to look at the garden
- Amy's girls' Bible study and watermelon feed on Tuesday night
- Staying in the air conditioning as much as possible!
Looking around the house... always lots to do. Trying to be content working in the spurts of energy I have and not wearing myself out.
From the camera...
Missing my mother-in-love on her birthday.
Devotional... Encouragement and Comfort from God
On my prayer list...
- Peace of Jerusalem and Israel
- My friend, BJ's, husband moved to Heaven this past week. I am praying for Holy Spirit to comfort her and help her.
- Glenda has been diagnosed with colon cancer and must have surgery and chemo.
- Wisdom, health, and protection for President Trump, Vice-President Pence, and their families.
- Healing for our country so that we may be ONE nation under God.
- Cancer will die the death in my body. My heart, brain, organs, and healthy cells will be protected. I will live and not die and declare the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 118:17
Jesus, you are above every problem that we have. You are the source, you are the hope, you are the lover of our souls. Jesus, I pray that you will fill each reader with a sense of your presence by the Holy Spirit and with a sense of your deep love. May each seek you and love you with all his or her heart, mind, will and strength. Amen.
Thanks for dropping by!
Please say hello.
Joining with Sandra at Happy Homemaker Monday.