Saturday, April 21, 2018

A Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage #126

Welcome to another 
Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage!
Each week I share ways I've saved money, my thrifty and frugal projects, and my blessings from God. 

A Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
Please say hello! I'm always looking for new blog friends!

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

Hello!

  Last week I was ill and didn't get my post up, so I've combined it with this week's post. Good news! I'm getting a little energy back. I'm still taking it easy, but I'm getting things done in spits, spurts, and sputters. ~grin~

  I've decided that since Tuesday night is my knit night with friends, I am going to try to make Thursdays my sewing day. I'll try to take at least a couple of hours to do mending, make charity items, and maybe even make some gifts.   

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~
Here's my thrifty blessed week!
  • Spaghetti with a jar of Aldi spaghetti sauce made a meatless meal
  • Borrowed DVDs from the library for free
  • I finished two small baby quilt tops made with fabric squares from my friend. Thanks Cheryl! I need to check flannel prices at Hobby Lobby and Walmart. I need about a yard and a half to back them.
  • I cleaned out the refrigerator's freezer and threw out expired spices. It was so nice and clean afterward, it was a joy to open it for ice. I have decided to limit the amount I keep inside and bring in meats and such from the outside freezer as needed.
  • I reattached my bag holder on the Walmart all by myself. I was so proud of myself. I'm not too handy with tools. 
  • I organized my jewelry box and gave away some costume jewelry that I don't use. I then polished the shelf it was on. That lead to cleaning the shelves below. 
  • While cleaning the shelves below, I gave away nearly half of the books on the bookshelf! It was hard since I hadn't finished them all, but I realized that some were just going to sit there like they had been for the last few years. Better to let someone else enjoy them.
  • On Thursday, I mended two bath towels and hemmed my husband's jeans. They were getting tattered at the hems. They should give him several more months of wear now.
  • I redeemed Opinion Outpost points for a $5 Amazon gift card. 
  • I bought a set of circular knitting needles for me and a book for my daughter from Amazon with credit I earned from Opinion Outpost. It's the quickest way I have found to earn credits by answering surveys. If you sign up through my link, I earn a dollar for the referral, and you can earn a lot more through filling out surveys. I've cashed in about $200 in points for PayPal and Amazon credit. It's allowed me to buy some things just because I want them.
  • I am making the Sockhead hat using Bohoknits free pattern. I'm using some sock yarn that one of my new knitting friends gave me. Thanks Shelly!

That's what I've done for the last week or two.
What are you doing in your home this week?



~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

May you find peace and joy this week 
regardless of  your situation.

ღLauraღ
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~


Thank you all for writing to me. I read every comment. I truly appreciate the support you've all given me during my treatments. If you'd like a response to your comment, please make sure that I have your email. I'm not taking time right now to copy responses onto the blog. I am having trouble keeping up. Please understand. Thanks! Laura


~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~


7 comments:

  1. Laura I am so glad you are feeling stronger! Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look at thrift stores you might find a flannel sheet you can use for the quilts. I often find flat ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are doing great.
    I hope you continue to feel better.
    Blessings sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling a little stronger these days. I was going to say the same thing about looking for a flannel sheet at thrift stores; even baby blankets for some cute prints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, I just love your new look here...keeping you in prayer, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. We received a gift of money from one of our son's family for Christmas for a trip so we went on a little getaway to a town 3 hours away and saw on of our favorite Bluegrass bands. We had a great time!

    I am backing up all the ladies suggesting a flannel sheet. I often buy sheets when I need a large amount of fabric and it saves me a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...you accomplished a lot.. Take it easy, don't over do my friend.. hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor