Sunday, October 13, 2024

Homemade Vanilla Creamer

 Hello!

    I love fall! It's absolutely my favorite time of year. We had an unexpected 93° yesterday, but we should have cool weather coming in this week. Cool is what I want, not cold! That will come soon enough. 

    It's time for warm drinks again. That means we use creamer, half and half and cream more often. Dairy's gotten a bit expensive here in Missouri, so I recently found a recipe that makes a delicious, homemade creamer.

     My husband likes this creamer in his coffee. I like it in my cappucino (powdered) or my chai latte. I'm not a full-fledged coffee girl... yet. I need lots of sweet and creamy to make it palatable. ~ smile ~


    This is so easy to make. You might even have the ingredients on hand. I did.  First, I measured 1 1/2 cups of whole milk into a quart jar. 


Next, I added a full can of sweetened condensed milk. 


    Lastly, I added a tablespoon of vanilla.


    Time to put the lid on and shake shake shake!



It's ready to serve! If you try it, let me know what you think. 


Homemade Vanilla Creamer

1 1/2 c whole milk (or milk of your choice)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract

Measure into a jar, combine by shaking.

This lasts us about a week. It all depends on how fast your brand of milk sours.

We like this so much better than the artificial coffee creamers we were buying. It costs far less as well. Do you make any creamers? I'd love it if you'd share your recipes in the comments for us all.


I do hope that you are enjoying early autumn. This week we're having the Maple Leaf Festival in Carthage, Missouri. There's something new every day. If you're in the area, we will have a fabulous parade starting at the square.  Small town fun!

Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
Laura


You may enjoy:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing me back!

This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Laura Lane