Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Sewing Through September Day 2

 





I've made a start! First of all, I've chosen the pattern that I'm going to use. It's called The Fundamental Drawstring Bag from Cocotte & Co  Creations. It is a pattern that I purchased on Etsy. I made it once before in a smaller size. This time, I'm going to make the large size. 

I won't be sharing the details of the measurements and such since it is a pattern for purchase. It's well worth the money, because it also has a complete video showing how to make it. 

The candy corn will be the outer fabric. I love candy corn! The pumpkin color will be the lining. The white on white will be the contrast color that holds the drawstring. 


I'm rather proud of myself. I chose to start work shortly after supper, and I followed through. The thrill of creation was increased, because I utilized two Christmas gifts that weren't out of their packaging yet. First, I used Christmas money from my dad to purchase an Oliso wool pressing pad. Thanks Dad! Second, I used my new Oliso mini project iron that my son gave me. Thanks son! Swoon! I love them both. The quality is amazing and made pressing a cinch with a little spray of Mary Ellen's Best Press

I'm looking forward to my next mini sewing session tomorrow evening!

Would you like to sew through September with me?

Leave me a comment! If I have enough interest, perhaps I will figure out how to link the projects.

Be blessed, 
Laura
Sewing Through September


Amazon affiliate links included



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing me back!

This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Laura Lane

Featured

I LOVE YOU MONTH... LEARNING

I love learning!      I love learning new things. Over the years, I've learned to quilt, bake bread, can, sew, crochet, knit, cross-stit...