I've made a start! First of all, I've chosen the pattern that I'm going to use. It's called The Fundamental Drawstring Bag from Cocotte & Co Creations. It is a pattern that I purchased on Etsy. I made it once before in a smaller size. This time, I'm going to make the large size.
I won't be sharing the details of the measurements and such since it is a pattern for purchase. It's well worth the money, because it also has a complete video showing how to make it.
The candy corn will be the outer fabric. I love candy corn! The pumpkin color will be the lining. The white on white will be the contrast color that holds the drawstring.
I'm rather proud of myself. I chose to start work shortly after supper, and I followed through. The thrill of creation was increased, because I utilized two Christmas gifts that weren't out of their packaging yet. First, I used Christmas money from my dad to purchase an Oliso wool pressing pad. Thanks Dad! Second, I used my new Oliso mini project iron that my son gave me. Thanks son! Swoon! I love them both. The quality is amazing and made pressing a cinch with a little spray of Mary Ellen's Best Press.
I'm looking forward to my next mini sewing session tomorrow evening!
Would you like to sew through September with me?
Leave me a comment! If I have enough interest, perhaps I will figure out how to link the projects.
Be blessed,
Laura
Sewing Through September
Amazon affiliate links included


Well done! Every little bit counts when we enjoy our craft, especially after a day's work. Blessings to you Marguerite 😊
ReplyDeleteSadly, I never really learned to sew, Laura. I will follow your progress, though. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like it will be a fun bag. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy