Friday, March 20, 2009

I've Struck It Rich!


At a yard sale, that is!

I have an adorable nine year old boy who is oh so hard on the knees of his jeans. He has two hard and fast rules that he lives by. Rip out the left knee first; and, make sure the rip's so big it's hard to repair! Because of this, I'm always on the lookout for jeans at yard sales and at thrift shops. I have tried repairing his jeans; but, by the time I see them, they're ripped from seam to seam most of the time.


Praise God! I went to a yard sale today and found 6, count them 6, pairs of nice jeans for him. They were only twenty-five cents a pair! Woo Hoo!


I cannot tell you the number of times that I've needed or wanted something and God has filled that need or want through a friend or a yard sale. He is so very good. I feel like Father God's just taking tender loving care of His little girl. He is.


To top it all off, He spoiled me by showing me a McCalls Country Canning candle for only $3 that sells for $20 in the store. I snatched it up. I love this brand. I found the first one partially used at a sale last Autumn. I just finished burning the one I got for Christmas. It filled the whole top floor of my house with the fragrance of shortbread in the oven. I disappointed my gang a few times when they thought I was baking. I was really wanting another candle. This one is Sunflower. It smells so fresh and clean. I'm going to burn it this afternoon. He is just so on time!


Thanks God!

Laura

So completely blessed and cared for.


By the way, you can buy the McCalls Country Canning Candles at Wilkinson Pharmacy in Carthage or go to http://www.mccallscandles.com/ to find a store near you. You can also look at yard sales like I did!


Good Morning Monday

2 comments:

  1. Wow! God is so good! So glad to see people give Him the credit for even the small things! Glad you found the jeans and the candle!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day for you! I've never heard of those candles but they sound like my kind of candles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor