Monday, June 8, 2020

Summer Reading List ~ 2020 ~ Harvest Lane Cottage



Reading is one of my cherished ways to relax or learn. I am fond of losing myself in a book or pondering as I read non-fiction. I make time daily to read or listen to good books. There's nothing that can make housework go quicker for me than listening to the Bible or a marvelous book. I especially like to use the the text-to-speech feature on my Kindle Fire 8 Tablet or listen to some audio books on Scribd* while I work or knit.

Reading a lot of books is as simple as using every free moment. Even when I had small children I read a lot. Many of those books were educational kids' or teens' books. ~smile~

I've included affiliate Amazon links for your convenience. I listen to many books on Scribd for a single fee of $8.99 a month. Details are below.

It's a long list, but I've already started some of these books. Ambitious lists help me to read and listen more while I'm doing other things. Have you made your list yet?

Here's what's on my book pile, my Scribd app, and in my Kindle for summer reading:



by Donna VanLiere on Scribd
I finished it!


by Elizabeth Prentiss on Scribd 
a book club selection
I finished it!


by Karen Andreola
A gift from the author
I'm reading and savoring!


by John Harris
Old book borrowed from the coffee shop
I finished it!

by Nathaniel Bluedorn
One of my kids' old homeschool books
Still reading!


by Ben and Erin Napier on Scribd
Reading and enjoying how they write
exactly like they're talking to you!


by Herman Melville on Kindle
I finished it! I deserve a medal!


by Francine Rivers on Scribd
a book club selection
It turned out much better than I thought.


by Debbie Johnson on Scribd
I stopped reading a chapter or two in because of bad language.
A shame because it was interesting.


by Cheryl Smith
a review book
I'm reading and thinking my way through this.


by Terry Brennan  
a review book
I've got it but haven't started.


by Erica Vetsch
a review book
I've begun.



Using Bible.com to read:

Acts ~ finished!
Romans ~ finished!
1 Corinthians ~ finished!
2 Corinthians ~ finished!
Galations ~ finished!
Ephesians ~ finished!
Philipians ~ finished!
Colossians ~ finished!




As you can see, I use Scribd a lot. You get unlimited ebooks and audio books plus sheet music, articles, and other reading materials for just one low price. $8.99 a month. You don't have to pay per book. It's all included in the one price. It's the best money I've spent this year!

If you use my link, you'll get a 2 month free trial of Scribd, and I will get a free month as well. I'm not an affiliate, it's just a neat perk that they have for their subscribers who tell their friends. I've earned 180 free days just sharing how much I love their service! You can too.

Blessings to you all! Seize the day! Bring a book!
Laura

Find me online here:

Laura Lane on Goodreads
2020  22 Finished Books
Goal 50


Harvest Lane Cottage on Facebook

@lauraofharvestlane on Instagram

laura@harvestlanecottage.com

Address available by email

Paypal donations to lauraofharvestlane@gmail.com 




Shared at:

18 comments:

  1. Mom.chiles@gmail.comJune 8, 2020 at 5:39 PM

    I also love the Psalms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    I always enjoy learning about what others are reading. I love to listen to audio books too. Lately I have been enjoying "Gone Away Lake" with Jemimah, we found it through Scribd. As much as I don't like to admit it, lately I have been reading old Nancy Drew and Judy Bolton mysteries. They help be relax at the end of the day. : )

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I read through many Nancy Drew books with my kids when they were younger. Even my husband likes them. I kept the ones from my childhood. Jemimah and you might like the Boxcar Children as well.
      Blessings, Laura

      Delete
  3. Hi Laura
    It is nice hearing from you. You have a wonderful variety of books to read. I am reading book 2 of The heirs Of Acadia. The first five books are The Song Of Acadia.
    Stay well and safe.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion. I appreciate you sharing what you are reading. When I finish these, I will probably start Christmas books, because I always start wanting to read those in September to get me in the crafting mood!

      Delete
  4. Lots of great reading there. I love to read also and I agree with fitting it in wherever you can. I remember Tasha Tudor said that you can always read Shakespeare while stirring the jam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right about the jam! I have read all the Shakespeare that I probably ever will. I took a Shakespeare class in college. I've dabbled in it here and there afterward, but I find it to be Much Ado About Nothing. ~smile~
      Be blessed!
      I'll drop by for a visit soon!
      Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

      Delete
  5. HOLA LAURA: PARA SER SINCERA, HACE TIEMPO QUE NO LEO ALGUN LIBRO QUE NO SEA LA BIBLIA, CUANDO ERA ADOLESCENTE, COMPRABA MUCHOS LIBROS Y ME GUSTABA LEER, TENIA TIEMPO, YA DE GRANDE Y CON MUCHOS HIJOS, MI TIEMPO ES CORTO, PERO ME GUSTAN LOS LIBROS DE TERROR Y SUSPENSO COMO EDGAR ALLAN POE, ES MI FAVORITO, TAMBIEN HE LEIDO AL ESCRITOR ERIK VON DANIKEN, QUE ES DE ORIGEN HOLANDES , HABLA SOBRE LOS EXTRATERRESTRES EN LAS CULTURAS ANTIGUAS, ES UN LIBRO MUY INTERESANTE QUE LEI HACE MUCHISIMOS AÑOS, Y UNO EN ESPECIAL QUE SE LLAMABA: VIDA DESPUES DE LA MUERTE, QUE HABLA SOBRE LO QUE NOS PASA DESPUES DE MORIR, LA EXPERIENCIA DE CIENTO DE PERSONAS QUE VOLVIERON A LA VIDA DESPUES DE ESTAR DECLARADOS CLINICAMENTE MUERTOS UNOS SEGUNDOS, Y COMENTAN SU EXPERIENCIA CON EL MAS ALLA, LA LUZ BLANCA, EL TUNEL, Y LA INCREIBLE PAZ QUE SINTIERON. ¿ALGUNA VEZ LO HAS LEIDO? EL ESCRITOR ES UN MEDICO CIENTIFICO LLAMADO RAYMOND MOODY, ES MUY INTERESANTE, ESAS EXPERIENCIAS PERSONALES QUE TUVIERON ESAS PERSONAS, TE HACEN SENTIR QUE NOS ESPERA UNA VIDA ETERNAL JUNTO A LA PAZ DE JESUCRISTO. ¿PUEDES PASAR POR MI BLOG? PUBLIQUE ALGO SOBRE MI ANIVERSARIO DE BODAS. GRACIAS Y BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, querido, no he leído ese libro. Creo que leer la Biblia es definitivamente lo más importante. A menudo escucho la Biblia en la aplicación Bible.com. Tengo mucho más tiempo para escuchar mientras estoy trabajando en la casa que para sentarme y leerlo o cualquier otra cosa. Yo uso muchos audiolibros por este motivo. ¡Dios te bendiga! Laura

      Delete
  6. I had to smile...I put Moby Dick on my 'to read' list nearly every year.....and it hasn't gotten read yet!!! Maybe this is the year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up reading after a couple of chapters, but I found a great narrator on Scribd. If you're interested, I can look it up for you.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  7. These look good! I'm currently reading Francine Rivers' Mark of the Lion series. This is probably my fifth time through but I've not read them in like 10 years or more so I'm super loving them. After that, I'm thinking of starting to read through the AmblesideOnline booklists that my kids read for school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sarah, The first book I read by Francine Rivers was Redeeming Love. It was so intense and heart-rending, I hadn't been able to bring myself to read any more of her books. I am reading this one for book club. Otherwise, I may not have read it. I am pleasantly surprised so far. I am listening to it. That seems the best way for me to get any reading in at all these days. Be blessed my friend, Laura

      Delete
  8. I love your book choices. Looks like you will be very busy. Enjoy your reading😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Regina. Now that I am working part-time, I can only read this much because of using audio books, too. ~smile~ Have a terrific day! Hugs,Laura

      Delete
  9. I was wondering if you did a book review several years ago about a family in England going through an "end of life as we know it" situation. I can't remember the title, but it was told from the mother's point of view and it took place in an English Village setting. It also had a lot in it about food preserving, bartering with neighbors and the daughter or daughter-in-law was expecting a baby. If this was you, perhaps you remember the name of the book. I know it was from amazon and I was looking for it again. It was very good with minimum bloodshed. Thanks so much. If it wasn't you please forgive the intrusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Tammy. I do not remember reading or reviewing a book like that. I hope you find it.
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor