Little Joys
Seven minutes of writing stream of conciousness begins now!
What are your little joys? If you think a bit about it. I'm sure there are many. Here are some of mine:
- Little Paco, my grand puppy. I call him a puppy even though he is full grown at four pounds. He was a rescue from a very bad situation. My son, the policeman, and a colleague each took one of two little dogs that had been treated badly. Paco takes a long time to warm up to one. He shakes badly when he meets someone new; but, once he relaxes, you know you've made a friend. He loves to come visit grammy. Sometimes, he comes and stays for a few days while my son is working or out of town. He's very attached to me. He's definitely a velcro dog—at least to me. How dare I close the bathroom door? Sleep without him, that's grounds for crying. It's such a pitiful cry, too. Paco is one of my little joys.
- The ice and cold water machine at work. It makes that little pellet ice. Oh, I love having as much ice water as I desire available all the time. It's truly a luxury and a blessing.
- Fresh tomatoes are finally coming from our garden. It's been the best year for tomatoes and flowers that we've had in a long time.
- Friends that I can call or text just because.
- Dove chocolates are rich and creamy.
- Listening to birds sing
- Cool breezes
Time's up!
What are some of your little joys?
Enjoy your weekend!
Laura

Not little joys but my greatest joy is the the Lord, then my husband, kids and church family.
ReplyDeleteSince we moved back to Omaha five years ago and rejoined the church that we met in, married in and were baptized in, (also all of our kids were baptized there), it's been wonderful to become part of that family again. Next month we'll visit again with the church we attended in Spokane, WA where we lived for 30 years. That will be a big joy as we miss that family very much.
Another joy is the water aerobic exercise class I've been going to here at the condo in them mornings. The pool will only be open through Labor Day weekend so I'm trying to use it as much as I can.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Marvelous joys indeed!
DeleteI take joy in more things than I could list here, Laura. Have a blessed weekend!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the truth, Martha? Seven minutes was not enough.
DeleteI don't have an adorable Paco, but I do have lots of birds flitting around my garden and splashing in the water bowl, which is a wonderfully joyful thing to see.
ReplyDeleteA cup of coffee, made for me by my husband, who always seems to make it better than me.
Taking something dirty, old and broken out of a box of odds and ends bought at auction then cleaning and mending it so that it will be loved by a new owner.
Finally, after a very hot, dry month here in England, I am definitely with you on the cool breezes!
I love the idea of making things out of the odds and ends. That is so thrifty, frugal, and old-fashioned. I love it!
DeleteWhat a sweet baby - so glad the baby got rescued to a good home
ReplyDeleteI am a huge fan of pellet ice!!! My favorite type - wish I could make it.
Have a lovely weekend.
Oh yes! Pellet ice is the best!
Delete