Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Sewing Through September Days 8 and 9

 Hello.

My name is Laura.

I am a squirrel.

I have been saving my nuts (money gifts)

for years. 

I saved each Christmas gift from my dad until I knew what I wanted to use it for. 

Apparently, I have done this for a few years now. 

I thought I had a couple of hundred dollars. 


I counted tonight.

I have enough to buy a sewing machine!

God knew I'd need this money now.

I simply forgot it was stashed away.


I called my dad and told him as soon as I found it.

Thank you, Dad! Most of it was from you. 

Thank you past Laura for saving for current Laura so that future Laura can enjoy sewing for many more years!


No sewing yesterday or today. I've spent some time researching. 

I've also been thinking about the old 1913 singer sitting on the other side of the room. It's a treadle machine. It was my husband's grandmother's machine. She sewed feed sack dresses for his mom on it back in the 1940's. We had it reconditioned a few years ago. I tried treadling and found it very hard. I think it would help if I had someone to show me. 

Now I'm thinking about whether that's a skill that I want to try to build. 

I'm going to think on that a bit more. 


I'm not giving up on Sewing Through September. I just need to decide on my next step.

Thank you to all of you wonderful ladies who shared bits of advice with me. Sending every one of you a hug!


Laura

Who is thankful for being a squirrel


No photos tonight, because my old computer didn't cooperate.

I don't even want to think about that!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing me back!

This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Laura Lane

Featured

I LOVE YOU MONTH... LEARNING

I love learning!      I love learning new things. Over the years, I've learned to quilt, bake bread, can, sew, crochet, knit, cross-stit...