Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kings, Murders, Wars and Treachery

Ugh, I'm up to my eyeballs in kings, murders, wars, and treachery!

I'm almost done with 2 Kings. I thought the Law was hard to read. Give me chapter upon chapter of the Law and let me forget the king after king of whom was said, "...did evil in the sight of the Lord".

I'm not feeling very inspired to write. I just found it so very sad that bad kings followed in their fathers' footsteps if they were bad; but, even most of the sons of the good kings turned away from the Lord. Then, a king would come along and do good, seemingly all on his own.

It makes me conscious of the example I set for my children. I think that perhaps the good kings must have been too distracted to be good fathers. While I'm not a father, I do need to be careful not to be too distracted as a mother. Many things can take my attention. I need to make certain that I'm focusing on the things that will last and will bless my family and the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor