Monday, September 10, 2012

Why I Chose Harvest Lane Cottage

 
I've been blogging since December 2007.  I'd been reading blogs for quite awhile.  My husband had been encouraging me to start writing for months.  I told him I had nothing to write.  ~smile~  I now have about 800 posts on this blog alone in addition to the ones at my original blog, Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage. 

When we moved to the country back in 2001, we named our place Harvest Lane Farm.  We sold you-pick blackberries and had a pumpkin patch one autumn.  There's nothing so grand as all the pumpkins you could want all piled up and ready to sell.  So pretty. 

A couple of years later, we moved into town because of some health problems I was having and some other things.  At that time, we bought a little cottage and fixed it up just like I wanted it.  We dubbed it Harvest Lane Cottage.  I had been on-line as Laura of Harvest Lane Farm for some time.  When we moved to town, I changed it to Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage for the continuity of it.  When I started blogging, it just seemed right to call my blog Harvest Lane Cottage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor