Monday, March 10, 2014

Blessed Among Women in My Own Generation

~~~~~

Love, it's what makes the world go 'round, or so they say. Who are they? I wonder. Perhaps it is. After all, the Bible states that God is Love. A scientist might say things about gravitational pull or "An object in motion tends to remain in motion unless acted upon by an unbalanced force." I'm no expert about things like that. I'm not even a scientific novice. I'm just me, Laura, a gentile woman who has been saved by grace by my faith in my Lord Jesus Christ, the living Son of God.

I've thought often of the immeasurable love God has for me. Mary, Jesus' mother spoke of having been blessed among women. I have been blessed among women in my own generation.

I married my high school sweetheart almost 29 years ago. We've loved and lived through very tough times together. We're holding out for the better, the richer, and health!

I have four healthy children. That's twice the average number in America. I have a double portion. ~smile~

Even though I didn't grow up in a Christian home, I was chosen for God's pleasure. We all are. I just chose to respond and say yes to Father God even though I was so frightened. I think we, as Christians, forget how frightening God can be until we learn of and experience His loving forgiveness. Ah, being frightened of God...sounds like another post for another day.

Blessings from God to you all,
Laura
Loved of the Lord

12 comments:

  1. Good Morning Laura!

    I loved your post, so very sweet. Gosh, frightened of God is so true... I'm so glad I'm not afraid anymore and I take each day as God gives them. I am so blessed by how God put me on an amazing journey throughout my years here. I have been married for going on 18 years to an amazing guy, been blessed with 3 boys, live next to my wonderful in laws, a great relationship with my mom after a lot of rough years and wonderful friends to share my blessings with. What more can a girl ask for, really?!

    And another thing I'm so thankful for is following Godly women throughout this adventure of Blogging. Thank you, Laura for standing up for what is right and following after the desires of God. You are blessed!

    Have a great day!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Amy!
    You'll never know how your comments bless me. Sometimes we forget just how we felt in our B.C. years. The step to give ourselves to Jesus can be very frightening indeed.
    Blessings to you!
    I'll be over for a visit in a bit.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mommy,
    Love you! Glad to know I'm a blessing. I know sometimes you just feel like the chuaffuer ( okay I tried spelling it close to ten times and I still can't get it right. I guess it needs to go back on the spelling list... again!) but you are so much more. You really are the glue that holds us all together and the love that surrounds us even when we about drive you nuts with our show tunes and quoting! I love you and I know you are the best mom I could ever have!
    ~Emily~

    ReplyDelete

  4. I love you, Sweet Emily. Chauffeur will go back on the list. It stumps all you kids and daddy, too!

    Laura
    Lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet post Laura. Glad to have found you through Titus 2sdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jen! I'm pleased to meet you. I'll be over to visit your blog in just a bit.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol, I'm reading Four Blood Moons. I borrowed it from a friend. I think you'll be glad to own it. There's some relevant information. God bless!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I also wonder who "they" are...lol! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cindy,
    They cause a lot of trouble, don't they?
    ~smile~
    Thank you for giving me the opportunity to link up. I like your blog.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to have found your blog! Thank you for linking up to the HomeAcre Hop, hope to see you again tomorrow! - Nancy The Home Acre Hop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor