Monday, December 1, 2014

Favorite First Lines... A Christmas Carol


“Marley was dead, to begin with ... This must be distintly understood, or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am going to relate.”  

A Christmas Carol  by Charles Dickens

I watch George C. Scott as Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol nearly every year.  I also enjoy Focus on the Family's Radio Theater version as well.  Even so, nothing truly compares with reading the book.

Advent Blessings!
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

4 comments:

  1. I watch the 1954 version... can't think of the actors name right now...my brain is froze from this bitter cold that has come down into the Ozarks! :)
    I have my favorite Christmas movies stacked up next to the television... just waiting for a free evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyful,
    We're waiting for a free night, too. My next Christmas movie is going to be the old Christmas in Connecticut.
    I hope you find time soon!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watch the Christmas Carol every year too.. Love it.. but my favorite is It's a Wonderful Life.
    Nothing better than a good Christmas movie with a cup of hot chocolate and marshmellow. yummy...
    have fun..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how to watch a Christmas movie Judy!

    Blessings to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

    Laura Lane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor