Summer is in full swing now. We're still finishing up school. I'm beginning to wonder how much summer break we will have. I've been a bit remiss in keeping track of my thrifty and frugal activities for the last couple of weeks. I'm going to hit some highlights.
- Do gifts count as thrifty? I received two very nice gifts recently. First, some awesome clothes pegs from my friend Mrs. Olson. Second, a portable air conditioner from my step-dad and his friend Ronny.
- I received a $10 rebate check from Lowe's for some ceiling paint I purchased a couple of months ago.
- We had friends over for a simple sandwich supper Sunday evening. They brought the salad and some fireworks to add to our celebration. We had s'mores using the ingredients my daughter gave my husband for Father's Day.
- I found two lawn chairs at Academy for $5 each for our girls.
- Tuesday was in the sixties! I turned off my air conditioners for major savings!
- We returned some gym shoes to Academy that had worn out. We'd bought them three months ago. They gave full credit toward another pair for my husband.
- Lots of library usage!
- I received another DVD for review.
- I received my homeschool planner free for review. I've used the same kind for years. I can't wait to show it to you. Plus, I get to give one away this year as well! Yay!
- I sold something on ebay. It was a little bit to help me buy school books, etc.
- I spent nothing on fireworks. My kids spent very little.
- My husband added a simple phote to his cell phone plan for me. Not really frugal—but $20 a month isn't bad for peace of mind and to keep me available to him and to the kids. I am the designated driver after all. ~smile~
Sometimes I just forget to write things down. Can you relate? What have you been up to?
Go ahead! Talk back! I won't tell your mama!