Monday, July 25, 2016

Christmas in July ~ Handmade Gift Ideas


Do you love a homemade Christmas? I do! Everything just seems like it means a bit more when you've put your time, effort, and care into it. Homemade, handmade, heartmade, thrifty, money saving gifts can be a blessing to the giver and the receiver. It doesn't happen overnight though. Okay, I admit it. I've been the crazy mom sewing on Christmas Eve and trying to finish wrapping. I don't want to do that anymore!

July is the perfect time to start brainstorming what you want your Christmas to be like this year. If that is to include homemade gifts, it's never too early to start. Here are some ideas to get you going.

Homemade Gift Ideas

Paper Craft
~ decorated recipe cards (could add recipes and ingredients)
~ homemade greeting cards
~ scrapbook

From the Needles
~ tribbles
~ dishcloths
~ aprons
~ mittens
~ doll clothes
~ skirt
~ tablet stand
~ camera bean bag
~ key chain
~ Christmas stockings
~ hair baubles
~ casserole hot pad
~ drawstring bags
~ kitchen curtains
~ tote bag
~ pillow cases
~ ornaments
~ crocheted chains for hair ribbons
~ tea towels
~ doilies
~ pacifier clip
~ accessory bag
~ earbud pouch
~ baby bib
~ tea wallet
~ pin cushion
~ shawl
~ slippers
~ socks
~ cape
~ camera strap
~ Bible cover
~ mug rug
~ tissue holder

Crafted
~ arrow holder (quiver)
~ CD holder for car
~ strap for guitar
~ ornaments
~ magnets
~ candles
~ soap
~ coasters

From the Kitchen
~ cookies
~ homemade vanilla
~ recipe scrapbook with photos or on large cards
~ bread
~ quick breads
~ candy
~ homemade mixes

Acts of Service
~ all clothes ironed
~ clean out car
~ babysitting


Be creative! Your imagination and ingenuity can make a thrifty budget stretch far!

Happy Christmasing!

Laura




Shared with: To Grandma's House We Go Wonderful Wednesday

Thursday Favorite Things

14 comments:

  1. Christmas spirit in July. :)
    Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, what a fabulous list! Thankyou for your recent, and very lovely comments at A Tray of Bliss. I'm adding your blog to my sidebar as a must read. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mimi, that's wonderful thank you! I am honored.
      Laura

      Delete
    2. Oh Mimi, that's wonderful thank you! I am honored.
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Too early for me to think of Christmas. Nothing can take the place of a gift someone took the time to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura,
    I found your blog on Amaze Me Monday. Love the birds chirping...makes my heart happy! I love to paint on canvas whimsical Christmas trees and stockings. I have given several as gifts. Hopefully, I will get one or two completed soon to share on my blog. When it's homemade (which is the best) you need to start early. Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
    Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd love to see what you paint! I'll be over for a visit soon.
      Blessings to you Lynda!

      P.S. Love the name of your blog!

      Delete
  5. Great list of ideas! I love homemade Christmas gifts. I think I need to start planning ahead so that the month of December can be more simple and meaningful this year. I don't sew, but I love to craft. I think little memory books/scrapbooks are fun to make and receive. I also like the recipe card idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of little memory/scrapbooks. I gave my daughter a recipe box for Christmas last year. This year I need to handwrite some recipes for her.

      Be blessed!
      Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

      Delete
  6. Those are lots of great ideas, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful ideas.. Thanks for sharing Laura.. So fun reading through your blog.. Thanks for the idea.. Praying for you .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I just can't quite wrap my brain around Christmas in July, there is nothing more special than a homemade gift. Brings back so many wonderful Christmas memories. Lots of great ideas here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor