As I write ... Sunday Evening
The weather.... A little cooler... in fact it felt like fall when I went to church Sunday morning! Hope for the future!
Right now I am... listening to Joyce Meyer on YouTube. She's talking about understanding and controlling your emotions.
Thinking... I am so glad that we have blog friends. I've received innumerable notes and comments on the blog from dear ladies who encourage me and lift be continually before the throne of God. I have received so much love, so many prayers have been prayed, so many cards and gifts have filled my post box. I cannot begin to show enough thanks to all of you dear, dear, ladies. You've made going through chemotherapy so much easier, just because I know I'm not in this alone. So I offer once again my sincere thanks. I am indeed blessed among women in my own generation.
A quote to share...
"Just keep hitting your problems with the hammer of God's Word."Six Things to Say On Purpose sermon, 2017 Joyce Meyer
On my reading pile...♥♥♥♥♥
|Lessons at Blackberry Inn|
by my friend Karen Andreola
Check out her Moments with Mother Culture site.
by Michael Phillips
Favorite blog posts last week...
- Cheer Up Buttercup!
- Frugal July Part 4—Easiest Couponing Ever
- Front Porch Sittin'
- An Open Letter to a Lady Discouraged by Poverty and Poor Living Conditions
Something fun to share...
I thought this was just adorable! It's on my wish list. ~smile~
On the menu for this week.... Completely tentative mind you!
- Monday... Chicken Packets from Once-A-Month Cooking by Mimi Wilson & Mary Beth Lagerborg ~ It's been so long since I made them, the kids didn't know what I was talking about. This is one of those recipes from way back in the '90's. As soon as they tasted them, they said, "Why don't you make these more often?"
- Tuesday... Chicken Soup with crackers or biscuits
- Wednesday... Church Supper
- Thursday... Spaghetti
- Friday... I expect hubby & kids will eat at Marion Days.
On my to do list...
- My dear friend, Laura, is coming for a visit next week. I want to do a little extra cleaning. I will have to pace myself.
- Doctor appointment to check my blood counts.
In the workbasket...
- I really should hem my husband's jeans. They've been waiting awhile. I'm always afraid to make the cut!
- I'd also like to find some black yarn I like, or maybe a very dark gray. Perhaps I should go ahead and purchase wool or a wool blend. I think I'll look and see what Knit Picks has to offer.
Looking forward to this week...
- Feeling better! The farther I get from chemo, the better I feel. It didn't seem to knock me down as badly this time. Thank you God!
Looking around the house... My Michael cleaned my kitchen really well this morning after the rest of us went to church. I was so blessed and happy to come home to a clean kitchen! He had been out working very, very late last night. He listened to the podcast of church. I appreciate things like that for when we cannot make it to church. He tidied up the dining room and living room, too. Acts of service is one of my love languages. It can make me cry when someone does something kind for me. Yep, tears in my eyes today!
From the camera... My Amy and her friends have been painting rocks to hide as part of a local treasure hunt.
Devotional... Sometimes Life Isn't Very Happy
On my prayer list...
- Peace of Jerusalem and Israel
- Wisdom, health, and protection for President Trump, Vice-President Pence, and their families.
- Healing for our country so that we may be ONE nation under God.
- Cancer will die the death in my body. My heart, brain, organs, spleen, and healthy cells will be protected. I will live and not die and declare the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 118:17
My prayer for you, my reader...
Jesus, some of these ladies come here and read every week. Some are here for the first time. It is such an honor that they take the time to read what I've written. Jesus, I ask you to wrap your arms of love around each lady (or man). I ask that you help each one to feel how much your love her. I ask that you help her to be filled with your Holy Spirit and to understand what Holy Spirit is saying to her. Guide her, provide for her, help her to do the things you've called her to do. I ask it all in the name of Jesus and by the power of the blood of Jesus. Amen.
Thanks for dropping by!
Please say hello.
|I'm always amazed just how white I look next to my husband!|
I think I need a black hat. I cannot seem to keep scarves on my head.