As I write ... Sunday evening
The weather.... Pleasant day, sunny with a few clouds floating overhead, not too hot, not too chilly. As evening came on, it grew chilly—just as fall evenings should be!
Right now I am... just relaxing.
Thinking... I'm thinking about my upcoming surgery. I will have my bilateral mastectomy on October 20th. I'm thinking about who might be available to help me after my surgery.
A quote to share...
On my reading pile... Believe it or not, I don't really have a reading pile right now. I usually have books to review, but I've been declining offers for the last few months. I'm still reading Bible Faith Study Course slowly. There's just so much good teaching in it.♥♥♥♥♥
Favorite blog post last week...
- Buttermilk Cottage's New Corporate Headquarters - I didn't read it this week, but I just wanted to share her dreamy sewing/crafting/writing room.
- A Woman's Rules to Live By at There is Beauty in Grace - We'd all be happier wives if we followed this advice.
- Patsi at A Working Pantry shared her Fall Bucket List
- Don't miss My Fall Bucket List.
Something fun to share...
On the menu for this week...
- Monday... Ham steak, broccoli, and side salad
- Tuesday... Chicken and dumplings with mashed potatoes
- Wednesday... Church supper - bbq pulled pork or chicken sandwich
- Thursday... Something with chicken breasts
- Friday... Family Movie Night at church... We'll probably eat concessions.
On my to do list...
- Make a list of everything I want to do before surgery.
- Do some things on my bucket list.
- Put out some more fall decorations.
In the workbasket...
- I've just cast on a hat. I love having a knitting project on the needles.
- I usually keep a dishcloth on my crochet hook. I like knitted cloths, too, but they take much longer to knit. I use dishcloths for small gifts.
- I'm embarrassed that this is still on my list! I really should hem my husband's jeans. They've been waiting awhile. I'm always afraid to make the cut!
- I need to hem my daughter's work pants, too.
Looking forward to this week...
- Monday - pre-op appointment at the hospital
- Thursday - My friend is coming to help me around the house.
- Saturday - We're taking all our kids, even the grown ones, on a destination unknown. I'd love to tell you where we're going, but this would be the one time they actually read my blog if I did!
Looking around the house... I see so much that I want done before surgery, but I'll just have to accept that I haven't regained my strength, stamina, and energy after chemo yet.
From the camera...
On my prayer list...
- Peace of Jerusalem and Israel
- Wisdom, health, and protection for President Trump, Vice-President Pence, and their families.
- Healing for our country so that we may be ONE nation under God.
- Cancer will die the death in my body. My heart, brain, organs, spleen, and healthy cells will be protected. I will live and not die and declare the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 118:17
Jesus, I thank you that you hear our prayers. Father, I thank you for sending Jesus. Holy Spirit, I thank you for being our comforter and our teacher. Lord God, three in one, I thank you that you personally know each one of my readers. You know each one's needs, fears, hopes, problems, pains, and illnesses. I ask you God to speak directly to each one, to meet each person's needs, and heal each physical problem. Bless each spiritually, physically, socially, and financially. I ask it all by the power of the Blood of Jesus, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Please say hello.
Trusting in God's timing, provision, and healing power
Joining with Sandra at Happy Homemaker Monday.