Monday, January 15, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ January 15, 2018


As I write ...  late Sunday night

The weather.... snowy and cold! Hurrah! Y'all know I love snow. We haven't had a good snow in a few years.

Right now I am... eating orange sherbet ice cream. Yum!




Thinking... I'm thinking about my upcoming radiation therapy. I'll begin Tuesday afternoon. It will be five days a week for seven weeks. The treatments are short, but it's about thirty miles round trip. 


A quote to share... 
♥♥♥♥♥
"Hope is a strange invention—
A Patent of the Heart—
In unremitting action
Yet never wearing out."
Emily Dickinson 
♥♥♥♥♥ 
On my reading pile...   

  • Shepherds Abiding... A Mitford book by Jan Karon
  • The Mayflower Bride by Kimberley Woodhouse


Favorite blog posts last week...  


Something fun to share... 




On the menu for this week...
  • Monday...   Taco Soup
  • Tuesday...   Pizza or leftover soup
  • Wednesday...  Baked Chicken
  • Thursday...   Chicken and Dumplings with mashed potatoes
  • Friday...   Date night I hope

On my to do list... 
  • Help my girls practice hospitality.
  • Buy some bag balm.
  • Do some things on my bucket list.
  • Radiation
  • Crafty afternoon with friends on Thursday

In the workbasket...  
  • I'm nearing the end of a little brown hat that I'm knitting.  I love having a knitting project on the needles.
  • I usually keep a dishcloth on my crochet hook. I like knitted cloths, too, but they take much longer to knit. I use dishcloths for small gifts. I don't have one going right now.
  • The little bereavement blanket top is pieced. I need to get some soft flannel for the backing.

Looking forward to this week...
  •  Monday - Princess movie marathon with Emily and her friends
  • Tuesday - my first radiation treatment. Maybe I'll go knit, too.
  • Wednesday - radiation, and maybe visiting a church in town
  • Thursday - radiation and a crafting day with friends
  • Friday - I hope to have a date night with my husband.
  • Saturday - I'm still thinking about this. I'd like to plan something fun.

Looking around the house...  I see so much that I want done before radiation, but I'll just have to accept that I haven't regained my strength, stamina, and energy yet. My motto has become, "I can only do what I can do." 

From the camera... 

Last spring before I found the lump.
Devotional...   

On my prayer list...
  • Radiation will not harm my heart or lungs, and that I will be brave.
  • Peace of Jerusalem and Israel
  • Wisdom, health, and protection for President Trump, Vice-President Pence, and their families. 
  • Healing for our country so that we may be ONE nation under God.
  • Cancer will die the death in my body. My heart, brain, organs, spleen, and healthy cells will be protected. I will live and not die and declare the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 118:17

My prayer for you, my reader...

Jesus, I thank you that you hear our prayers. Father, I thank you for sending Jesus. Holy Spirit, I thank you for being our comforter and our teacher. Lord God, three in one, I thank you that you personally know each one of my readers. You know each one's needs, fears, hopes, problems, pains, and illnesses. I ask you God to speak directly to each one, to meet each person's needs, and heal each physical problem. Bless each spiritually, physically, socially, and financially. I ask it all by the power of the Blood of Jesus, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Thanks for dropping by!
Please say hello.
Laura
Trusting in God's timing, provision, and healing power

Joining with Sandra at Happy Homemaker Monday.
~~~~~


38 comments:

  1. Laura, just prayed for you, your renewed health, and for your family. Remember, you are a loved child of God! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol! I truly appreciate it.
      God bless you, too.
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your blog post this week, Laura. It's great seeing you back on track with Happy Homemaking Mondays! Will be praying over all and standing in prayer with you against any harmful effects of the radiation. Isaiah 54:17!!! Love you, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rebecca. I am going to try to do my HHM and TW posts each week just to give some structure. Thanks so much for praying. Thank you for the scripture. I think Psalm 3:3 is good, too. I need Jesus to be a shield around me!
      Love you,
      Laura

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, Laura! Sounds like a good plan! I'll be looking forward to reading your weekly HHM and TW posts! :) Oh, my friend, it is an honor and a pleasure to life others up before the throne of God in prayer. I just looked...I've got Psalm 3:3 already highlighted in my Bible and, yes, it's a good one! Amen! Love you, too! <3

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing the caring of lilacs link. Mine need some TLC and I'd been meaning to do some research. I woke up to snow. There are still light flurries. Beautiful! Continuing to lift you in prayer, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaamen! Thank you :)

    I love reading your Happy Homemaker Monday post. Makes me so happy envisioning you doing them. Have a super blessed week! I'll be praying for you extra on radiation days.

    Love and hugs,
    Kellylynn in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kellylynn. I truly appreciate it.
      Hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. So happy you got some snow!
    It makes things so cozy, right?
    Prayers and love as you begin your radiation.
    You got this, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've wanted snow for so long. Thank you for praying.
      Laura

      Delete
  6. I just started reading your blog and enjoy it. I will be praying for you. My son in law ,age 38, just completed radiation. He is doing good and they just came back from Disney! They have two very young children and needed this time to have some family fun. I can't imagine how difficult this is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Margaret! You've encouraged me tonight.
      Do come again!

      Delete
  7. Nice to see you back! I was just reading it was something like 2014 or was it 2011 the last time our area had a decent snowfall. Even this summer grouch, has missed the snow a bit. Hope all goes well with the radiation and you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments made me smile Jean. Have a wonderful, productive week!
      Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

      Delete
  8. Keeping you in my prayers....

    Many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending prayers for Tuesday.. May God be with you and help you through the treatments.. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. Just getting ready to hit the hay.
      I know God will be with me. I just have to focus on
      him not on fear. Hugs, Laura

      Delete
  10. I have all but 2 of the Mitford series, I still haven't started reading them though. Know that you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm going to visit when I open the book. I'm not sure yet
      that I'll read more. We shall see. Thank you so much for praying!
      God bless you,
      Laura

      Delete
  11. Laura, I pray the radiation treatments go really quickly. But, take your books, your knitting & crocheting.
    I know these are going to be hard, not only the treatments, but the travel to and from.
    You are in my prayers, don't need to say it, but I always tell you anyway.
    I know that your radiant and cheerful personality will bless the doctors, nurses & other patients.
    Find some peace and quiet for your soul to rest in, be safe in your travels this week.
    Laurie Crouch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for your upcoming radiation treatments and I come into agreement with you in your prayers. :) I'm glad you got some snow...it is so pretty. I'm also going to count that as a blessing. In Hawaii, we say when it rains, it is a blessing, so if it rains when you are getting married, having surgery, anything, it is a blessing. I just think your blessing came a bit early to make travel easier for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Debbie,
      It's so good to hear from you! Thank you so much for
      praying for me. I am enjoying the snow. It was so pretty
      coming down. I think we received 3 or 4 inches. I won't
      need to drive in it until tomorrow afternoon. The traffic
      is moving pretty well out on the highway, so I think I'll
      be fine. I love that you see rain as a blessing. When we
      buried my Grandma Mamie (her picture's on bottom of blog),
      it began to rain. I loved that! It was such a poetic ending
      to her vibrant life. Thank you again for encouraging me,
      and for praying for me. God bless you dearie!
      Laura

      Delete
  13. I always enjoy your blog posts so much. It seems as though you are always cheerful even if things aren't going as good as you would like. God bless you as you begin your radiation and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed reading your post - so happy you got a decent snow! Keeping you in my prayers as your go through radiation. Stay strong and have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For someone facing radiation 'a spring in your step comes through the screen' :) maybe it's the snow or the Orange Sherbert Icecream. A joy to read this post. I pray God's blessings, strength & protection over you in the coming weeks ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah girl, you made me smile this morning. Perhaps it's the black raspberry soap that I unwrapped last night from a certain soap maker down under! The soaps you make delight my senses!
      If anyone's wondering, here's her shop: https://www.heartandhandsoap.co.nz/ .
      Here's Linda's website, The Little Homestead, https://fhawk.blogspot.co.nz/ .
      Have a wonderful week Linda, and thank you again for the creative and delightful soap!
      Laura

      Delete
  16. Praying for you! You and your husband are a cute couple! I have read Shephards Abiding and loved it. I have the book and meant to read it again before Christmas, but didn't get to it. I hope today goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Penny. I enjoy Christmas books all year round. I usually start reading them in September since I'm a book reviewer. This past year was no exception. I have really slowed down with my reviewing this past year, however. I used to keep a rather full calendar of deadlines. Sometimes I wonder why since it's not a paying position. Going through all of this has made me wonder why about several things I've done through the years. It's made me introspective I suppose.
      God bless you!
      Happy today.
      Laura

      Delete
  17. I am praying for you today Laura. May God allow you to breeze through these treatments quickly and without upset of any kind!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Prayers for strength and courage as you move forward in your battle against cancer! I enjoyed reading your blog entry, too. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cold weather and ice cream just go together I don't care what anybody says about it!!! We are expecting snow tonight. Very unusual for us to have two snows in one winter. I love being snowed in not that hubby does not have to get to work. Enjoy!

    I prayed for you today and I am glad to know it is afternoons specifically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby has worked from home the last couple of days. We haven't actually been snowed in, but the first day the authorities recommended against driving, and yesterday he just found it cozier at home and safer since I was driving the front wheel drive to radiation.
      Thank you for praying.
      I'll be having my treatments at 10:00 a.m. for the rest of this week, then the usual time will be 9:30 for the remainder of the treatments. That's also the time my medical oncologist likes for appts and chemo, so it will get moved around a bit.
      God bless!
      Laura

      Delete
  20. Praying for you this week Laura!!

    I hope your first treatment went well.

    We got some snow yesterday, but tomorrow its back to being warm and in the 50's. We have had some unusual warm weather thus far.

    Your cake feed looks mighty yummy!!

    I hope you get that date night, those are important! ;)

    Hugs my friend!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're supposed to have '50's later this week, and it's been in single digits the last couple days.
      Weird!
      I'd like to feed on some of those cakes!
      I do need a date night. It's been too long.
      I feel the need for a little pampering attention, too!
      Hugs,
      Laura
      P.S. Wish we were next door neighbors!

      Delete
  21. Sending positive thoughts for your good health. Great bucket list. Love the idea of teaching your girls hospitality - can't wait to hear more about how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello dear Laura! Best of luck with your radiation trips and sending prayers along with you. May God continue to help you fight and heal. ;)

    Enjoy the snow and stay warm and cozy. Your menu sounds so comforting and yummy.

    If you get a chance - stop by and visit my post about my blogaversary and comment so I can enter you for my drawing to win some prizes! Would love to get a chance to thank you for being a friend in blogland. Just FYI

    Blessings on the rest of your week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie, I appreciate the prayers. I'll come by and see you. Blessings to you, too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor