Monday, August 11, 2008

MY DAYBOOK
























Good afternoon!
It's Monday again and time for My Day Book!

Outside my Window... sunshine and shadow making the leaves glimmer beautifully in the breeze. Our office is on the second floor; so, I have a tree level view. I love being able to look out the back window and see my kids playing. Right now they're swimming at the Y.


I am thinking... I have to declutter, declutter, declutter to get ready for yard sale #2. This one will be at my friend's house. I'm trying to make money for math books and a candle holder I saw that I really like. It's only $5; but, I don't have it to spend right now.


I am thankful for... getting the rent paid this month.


From the kitchen... It's pizza night.


I am creating... ideas for my first craft fair in October. See my shop for a sampling of my products.


I am going... to pick up my children at the Y after I pop the pizza in the oven in a few minutes.


I am wearing... pants! I am a dresses girl almost all the time. Every once in awhile I just want to feel comfy in my old knit pants and a t-shirt. That's today! (BLUSHING)


I am reading... Westering Women. It's about women's preconceived ideas, experiences, and such during the pioneering/frontiering days. It's interesting; but a slow read. It reminds me of a college textbook style of writing. Perhaps it was the author's dissertation!


I am hoping... to sell a lot at Friday's yard sale.


I am hearing... music from my blog playing. I just love it.


Around the house... Hubby is "on break" and is listening for the news update.


One of my favorite things... pumpkin spice candles.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... yard sale prep, lesson plan prep, laundry, baking for the yard sale, doing the sale with my friends.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Read the best books first or you may not have time to read them at all.

Blessings!
Laura
Happy at Home

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your entry. Hope your yard sale is a success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good yard sale... good luck with the sales.

    I love candles too and pumpkin spice is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your daybook. Good luck with the yardsale!

    Have a great week,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin spice is my very candle too. I use it year round when I can buy them.

    Hope your yard sale is successful and you make all the money you need for books!

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your day book entry as always Laura. I hope you have a good yard sale and make lots of dosh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin spice candles are one of my favorite things too! I can't wait for fall - hot spiced apple cider, pumpkin patches, the corn maze, decorating with harvest colors.

    I hope your yard sale is successful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I enjoyed reading your post. Love those pumpkin spice candles myself. Hope you have a great yard sale.:)

    Blessings,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor