Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Feeling Stressed? Thanksgiving Week Part 2 My Menu

I hope you enjoy a peak into what our Thanksgiving 2011 looked like.

Here's what this week's menu will look like for me:

Tuesday

Breakfast-
Cereal with milk
Bananas

Lunch-
Chicken soup (leftover from Sunday lunch) with added noodles
Bread & butter

Supper-
We'll be having Thanksgiving dinner with my husband's employees.

Snack-
Cookies

Wednesday

Breakfast-
Cereal with milk
Fruit

Lunch-
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Pretzels
Canned fruit

Supper-
Queso w/hamburger and chips
I like a snacky type supper on the evening before a big dinner.
Cookies


Thanksgiving

Breakfast-
Oatmeal

Dinner-

Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
German Apple Stuffing
Green Beans w/ Ham Hocks & Onion
Mom's Scalloped Corn
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Cool Whip

Guests will bring:
Ice
Cranberry Orange Relish
Pickle slices with cream cheese & dried beef
Blueberry Cobbler
Stuffed Mushrooms

There are only 10 or 12 of us. I think we'll have plenty. We'll eat about 1:00.

Supper-
We usually just snack at supper time on Thanksgiving.

Dessert-
We'll just grab what sounds good.

Friday
Breakfast-
French Toast

Lunch-
Leftovers
Sandwiches

Supper-
Spaghetti

Dessert-
To Be Announced

Saturday

Breakfast-
Oatmeal or Dad Cooks

Lunch-
PBJ & chips

Supper-
Chicken and Dumplings
Mashed Potatoes

Sunday

Breakfast-
Cereal

Lunch-
Ham & Beans
Cornbread

Supper-
Clean out the refrigerator!

Dessert-
To Be Announced


I went shopping in my pantry and made a list of the things I still need.


MY SHOPPING LIST:

milk (3 gallons)
bread 3 loaves (sandwich) 
3 lbs ground beef
2 dozen eggs      
sliced ham
Velveeta Queso Blanco                          
Cool Whip (2)
tortilla chips (2)
pretzels (2)
Rotel
flour (3)
saltine crackers
evaporated milk (3)
celery
onions
potatoes
2 apples
ice
matches
plastic knives




2 comments:

  1. It is really great to see how you get organized for a holiday! Thanks for linking to TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    This year, 2013, is different because we have company in for my mother-in-love's funeral. We'll go to my dad's house for Thanksgiving. I just wanted to share the method.
    Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor