Welcome to another thrifty week at Harvest Lane Cottage. I am honored by your visit. Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God.
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
Hello again! It's so hard to believe that it's already the weekend again. I'm sure I just wrote about my thrifty week! Life just spins by so fast. Catch all the joy you can my friends. Love God and love others! That pretty much sums up the commandments and the law. My husband continues the search for a vehicle for me. You can read about last week's miraculous provision here. I've put a few things in my Etsy shop and my Ebay this week
I love it when y'all leave comments, so I can meet you and see your blogs, too.
Here's my thrifty week:
- I baked a turkey on Sunday morning while we were at church. I found it in the deep freeze. I must have bought it on sale last Thanksgiving.
- I chopped the turkey and mixed it into the gravy. I served this over leftover mashed potatoes Monday evening.
- I had the leftovers from Monday's meal for lunch on Wednesday.
- I stayed home nearly all the time!
- I finished making my baby bibs. They will make great baby gifts!
- I borrowed Amy's camera to take photos of items to list on Ebay and Etsy.
- I sent food with my husband for lunches.
- I ironed my husband's clothes rather than sending them to the cleaners. $3 a shirt and I don't know how much for pants saved.
- I mended a bed sheet.
- I mended two dresses.
- I received squash from a friend from her garden.
- We ate tomatoes from our garden.
- My daughter carried a pbj to the 4 H fair to avoid paying for a fair food lunch.
- I finished last year's school records and started looking for e-books and curriculum saved on our computer to see if I can use anything this year.
Well, that's my thrifty week.
What are you doing in your home this week?
Focus on your blessings!
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!