Monday, May 21, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ May 21, 2018


As I write ...  Sunday evening

The weather.... The sun has just come out after lots of rain this afternoon.


Right now I am... happy after completing my son, Michael's, high school transcript. We had a simple graduation with just Michael, his brother and sisters, and my husband and I. It wasn't the big hoopla that I would have liked, but we made chicken and dumplings and had just the six of us. That's what Michael wanted.

Thinking... I've only one more student! Amy will graduate in 2020. By then I 'll have 20/20 vision on how to be a mom! The hard thing about being a mother is that it changes every year. The homeschooling mom has to teach a different grade (or four or ten) every year.

A quote to share... 
♥♥♥♥♥


"When life isn't going according to our plans, 
we should recognize that it might actually 
be going according to God's plan." 

Now
Purposeful Steps Toward a More Abundant Life
p. 52
Sarah Coller
Click to go to Amazon to purchase.
I am not currently an affiliate,
but I know Sarah, and she is awesome!

 ♥♥♥♥♥ 

On my reading pile...   


Favorite blog posts last week...  

Something fun to share... 








On my to do list... 
  • Do something on my spring bucket list
  • Sort through clothes in closet.
  • Finish editing a book for a lady in town. I bartered for music lessons for my daughters. ~ I finished Monday.
  • Sort through hats I used when I had no hair to see if I want to keep or give them away. By next fall, I'll probably want to wear new ones that don't remind me of chemo.
  • Put up cold weather clothes.
  • Start another give away bag.
  • Laundry
  • Focus on washing a load of blankets each day.
  • Trim the branches over our parking area in the driveway. ~ My sweet man did this for me. It looks terrific. Thank you honey!
  • Work on end of school year paperwork. ~ I worked on this Monday. I've finished all I can until the end of May.

On the needles...  
  • A simple, knit one pearl one hat. I should finish it soon. I need to decide what to do next. My friend, Colleen, who was going to teach me to make socks, hurt her ankle and won't be knitting with us for awhile. God heal her in Jesus' name!
  • A little knitted bandana for my little dog that matches a hat I knit.

Looking forward to this week...
  • Monday - I stayed home all day except a quick little trip to town with my husband.
  • Tuesday - Knitting group ~ Relaxing
  • Wednesday - ???
  • Thursday - My husband and I will celebrate our 32nd anniversary. We began dating in 1981, and we married a couple weeks after I graduated college in 1986. Last year, we spent our anniversary at the chemo center having my first treatment. For $57,0000 we could have gone anywhere! 
  • Friday -  Bug man is coming. I need to pull all furniture away from the walls.
  • Saturday -  My husband will be working all weekend. He's helping a client open a food boat. Think food truck on water.

Looking around the house...  Things are pretty quiet. The girls, Lowell and I are all working on different things.

    From the camera... 


    A favorite photo of my Grandma Mamie.
    I miss her greatly.






    Devotional...   




    On my prayer list...
    • Praise for moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem—the capitol of the World and protection for the Jewish people
    • Healing for First Lady Melania Trump
    • Peace of Jerusalem and Israel
    • Wisdom, health, and protection for President Trump, Vice-President Pence, and their families. 
    • Good, godly, brave people to be elected to serve in Congress and across our nation according to The Constitution. 
    • Relief from the side effects of my treatments ~ regain movement in arm without pain across all the radiated area.
    • Cancer will die the death in my body. My heart, brain, organs, spleen, and healthy cells will be protected. I will live and not die and declare the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 118:17

    My prayer for you, my dear reader...

    Father God, most likely each of my readers has something heavy on her heart. Father, I ask that whatever that need is—provision for a bill, for food, for education or whatever—healing for herself or a loved one—relief from pain, or fear, or anxiety—reconciliation with a loved one or between family members—salvation for someone they care about—I ask you to meet their needs. Holy Spirit, please make your presence known. Bring salvation, bring peace, bring faith, bring hope. Thank you so much for your provision of salvation and everything we need. I bless your Holy Name Jesus! Amen.


    Thank you all for dropping in.
    Please take a few moments and jot me a note. 

    Laura
    Trusting in God's timing, provision, and healing power

    Joining with Sandra at Happy Homemaker Monday.

    ~~~~~


    Joining with Peggy
    Joining with Peggy


    34 comments:

    1. I really enjoy your homemaker monday posts. Congrats! to your son for graduation; he must be a happy guy right now. Happy Anniversary to you two and I wish you had that 57,000 to do something BIG this year!! I do hope your pain goes away soon. Prayers!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He is very happy. He's also moved out now with some friends. That made him happier still!
        Be blessed. Yes, $57,000 would take us to Italy for an amazing vacation. That's where my husband wants to go more than anywhere else.

        Delete
    2. Hi Laura,

      Congratulations to you and your son on his graduation! What a wonderful accomplishment for you both. : )

      May the Lord bless you and your husband with a very special day as you celebrate your 32nd anniversary!!

      Sarah

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks so much Sarah. It seems he was just a little tyke on my lap listening to read aloud. It's so sad and so wonderful at the same time!
        Love your little girl and hug her lots!
        Laura

        Delete
    3. Congratulations to your son. Keeping all of you in prayer, sweet friend.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love that quote. It is certainly true for us. We never thought we would be retired at 56 and 59. We thought we still had years to save for retirement but God is good! My husband's SS disability was approved! He is a changed person attitude wise with a renewed smile and spring in his step. He had told me recently that if he had to try to go back to work he did not know what he would do since he no longer remembers his job which was highly technical. I am just happy for him that he can just rest and live his life without worry now. And you know what? Losing half our income is okay. We are just fine because we were always frugal anyway.

      Happy Anniversary! Wow! A $57K vacation. What a thought. Enjoy your day!

      I will pray specifically for your arm healing.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You've had a lifechanging month! I'm so glad for your husband's SS. That will help you all so much. Hugs to you my dear friend. God prepared you by making you a frugal wife.

        Where would you go on a $57,000 vacation?
        Laura

        Delete
      2. I would buy a small motorhome and then go anywhere we want to! What about you?

        Delete
    5. Happy Graduation to your son, Michael!
      Blessings to you and your family. <3

      ReplyDelete
    6. Congratulations to your son and Congratulations to you and your husband for 32 years of marriage! God bless all of you! I am praying for you faithfully.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Congratulations to your son! We're heading into high school next year. I'm already stressing about keeping good records for everything.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You'll be fine Monique. Just write down EVERYTHING they do. Even if they don't do much of it, it may combine with something else to count later.
        Be blessed,
        Laura
        an informal,eclectic, homeschooler

        Delete
    8. Congrats to your son. Happy anniversary to you . will go see the blogs you posted about. Have a great week

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. OH thank you Luludou! I'm on my way over to your blog for a quick visit!
        Laura

        Delete
    9. Congratulations to the entire Lane family on the graduation..because homeschooling IS a family affair and EVERYONE plays a part in the journey. Prayers and wishes for much happiness as Michael heads out into the world. As for the "just family" celebration, absolutely nothing wrong with that! When our youngest ( who will be 23 in July already!! ) graduated he didn't want any celebration or party either. So I had a HUGE garage sale on his birthday and the following day. Everything made went to him as a birthday/graduation gift. Sold some big items, collectibles and a whole lot of "real estate" (borrowing that term from you dear lady) and he ended up with just shy of $1100 . Best idea I ever had. Gave him a a nice nest egg to build on and I got rid of a lot of items that others could use more than I. Laura, I am so thankful our paths crossed..and your blog is truly a blessing. I'm gonna be sure and ask God to send an extra special blessing your way this week..just because I KNOW He can and will!~ A gentle Hug across the miles. Karla

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That sale was an excellent way of blessing your young graduate! I'll bet he was really surprised. I'm so glad we are friends. I was rereading some cards you sent and found $20 in one! Glad I kept it!
        Be blessed,
        love,
        Laura

        Delete
    10. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! And Congratulations to your son on his graduation. Keeping you in my prayers for your health. Have a wonderful week.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much Tamy! God is taking good care of me, but every prayer helps.

        Delete
    11. Laura,
      You are an amazing inspiration. Your posts are such a blessing. I will be praying for you.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You are too kind, Glenda. Thank you very much. I need all the prayer I can get!

        Delete
    12. Happy Anniversary, and Congrats to son on graduation..[My granddaughter graduates Friday night, so hard to believe .. the time has flown]
      Hugs my friend.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Goodness! It seemed like it would last forever when they were young (and we were too).
        Hugs,
        Laura

        Delete
    13. Happy Anniversary!
      And congratulations to your son and to you!!!!
      The celebration sounds perfect.
      Prayers continue for you, sweet friend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you Billie Jo!
        It's an odd feeling to know I'll just have one homeschooling next year. It will be different!
        Be blessed,
        Laura

        Delete
    14. Happy Anniversary! I hope you get to spend this year's anniversary in a more fun place than you did last year.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Greetings, friend Laura! Sorry I'm responding so late this week. Have been out of town and just got home last night. I can't wait until we catch up with one another and can get caught up a bit! Enjoyed reading your HHM post this week and Happy Anniversary to you and Lowell! Love you guys! <3 <3 Have a great weekend! Will see you soon! <3

      ReplyDelete
    16. Congratulations to your son! Hope you've had a great week and a wonderful anniversary (Happy Belated Anniversary!). Going to look up that book you shared, sounds interesting and like something I should read.

      ReplyDelete
    17. Congratulations to your son! I just love that even in the midst of your own trials, you pray for those around you and your readers. Thank you for this.

      ReplyDelete
    18. Congrats to YOU and your son for his homeschooling graduation. Continuing prayers to you, Laura. You are so sweet and an inspiration to many. May you have a blessed summer.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

    I read all comments and appreciate them.
    Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

    God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

    Your blog friend,
    Laura Lane
    5 Year Cancer Survivor