Sunday, April 10, 2022

Laura Lately April 10, 2022




Hello! 

  Seasons are changing here in southern Missouri. Spring and winter have been dueling it out... so much so that Easter has slipped up on me. It still feels like March to me. ~smile~

  I have been substitute teaching since February in one classroom. I'm teaching reading, writing, arithmetic and social skills to students in a K-3 special education classroom. They are not severely impaired, but need help to catch up their skills to grade level. I usually have five or fewer students at a time. I like being able to address each child's needs. I'm using a lot of creativity, the skills I learned as a homeschool mom, and my old teaching degree. The kids are great, and I enjoy the teachers I work with.

  I began this teaching assignment February 16th. I thought it was for one day. When I got to the school, they asked me to work all week. After several week by week assignments, they asked me to finish out the school year. I said yes, because I have come to care so much for the students, and the staff has been so welcoming. I feel like this is an assignment from God. His ways are perfect even if I don't understand.

  In my free time, I've tried to keep up with dishes, laundry, and home responsibilities. I know I need to find a better process at home. I miss doing thrifty things, but this is a season. ~smile~

  Now I'm looking forward to the freedom summer will bring!

Be blessed!

Happy Holy Week,

Laura

  

  

10 comments:

  1. QUE BELLA QUE ESTAS HERMANA, TU SONRISA ILUMINA EL AMBIENTE¡¡¡¡¡¡ APROVECHA ESTE TIEMPO EXTRA QUE DIOS TE CONCEDE, DISFRUTA DE ESTAR CON NIÑOS ESPECIALES, HABRA TIEMPO PARA LAS COSAS DEL HOGAR, COMO SIEMPRE DIGO: LO QUE NO SE PUEDE HACER HOY, SE HARA MAÑANA. RECUERDA: QUE LOS TIEMPOS DE DIOS, NO SON LOS NUESTROS. QUE TENGAS UNA BENDECIDA SEMANA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Southern Illinoi so I know exactly how your weather is. Today is beautiful though and the week looks warm but with the showers.
    Glad you are enjoying your work. That is so important.
    Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lori. One sure doesn't substitute teach for the money! I think it's a God assignment. I'll be glad to get back to being a keeper at home this summer though!

      Delete
  3. LOVE that you are teaching. I wanted so badly to be a special ed teacher and life just got in the way before I finished college.
    Thank you for being there for the children.
    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew how much I'd enjoy it. I had planned to be an English teacher. This seems so meaningful.

      Delete
  4. Hello lovely friend! I can only imagine how blessed those young people are having you teaching them! It is something how the seasons in our lives change, isn't it? Have a cozy week leading up to Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too my friend. I know you'll make it special.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure your the sweetest teacher. What a blessing you will be to those children. God sure is full of surprises :) ~ Happy for you ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor