Thursday, December 29, 2022

Laura Lately ~ November and December 2022




Laura Lately

November and December were filled with the following things:

Out-of-state company for two weeks

Substitute teaching

Caring for my husband when he tore his meniscus (in knee) in November

Caring for a family member who couldn't get around well

Thanksgiving

A bit of Christmas decorating

More substituting

Recovering from a cold I got from those cute little kids

Lots of knitting! I'll put my total Christmas knitting at the bottom.

A little baking

Very little going out

Watched James River Church Online. John Lindell is a solid Bible teacher. I invite you to attend online if you can't make it to your church sometime, or you are looking for some additional teaching and worship.

Christmas weekend with adult kids coming and going

Christmas celebration online

Christmas night the flu hit me.

I've been sick since then. It's Thursday morning, I'm feeling much better. Just tired and a stuffy nose. 

The last couple of months just kind of flew by. I did add some things to my Instagram, but only because it was quick and easy. 

Christmas knits:

9 hats and 7 pairs of adult socks. 

Let me tell you, having three men who wear size 13 shoes in the family makes for a lot of knitting time! I cannot believe that I didn't take photos of them before I wrapped them ~presentation is everything with handknit gifts~ or after they unwrapped them! I didn't even have Ravelry entries for them! I will share the photos of the little hats I made in a separate post. Still just too tired to upload the photos. I'll definitely get that up in the next couple of days.

I hope to spend the next week or two thinking about the direction of the blog. I've really fallen off on writing and thriftiness since I started substitute teaching. That has not served me, you, or my family well. 

It's time to reevaluate. I am, first and foremost wife and homemaker. That's not reflected in my home right now. 

Well, right now, it looks like a real mess. I've not done much but sleep and rest the last three days, and that was after a holiday weekend! No! I'm not going show pictures of how bad it got this week. My husband did his best, but he was working from home and not feeling great himself. We all know what our homes look like when life happens. 

So the next few days I'll evaluate, clean up, and try to have all the laundry caught up by New Year's Eve. As I clean, I'll try to fill at least one bag or box with giveaway things. 

Well, I've got to get the clothes out of the laundry. I am so glad I feel well enough to fold them!

Be blessed and be sure to take some time to pray and evaluate the next few days.

Laura

Blessed Beyond Measure


~~~~~

Find me online here:


Goodreads:  Laura Lane 
2022 I have finished 55 of my 51 book goal.
Instagram: @lauraofharvestlane 
Ravelry:  HarvestLaneLaura
Facebook:  Harvest Lane Cottage  
Email:  laura@harvestlanecottage.com
Paypal: lauraofharvestlane@gmail.com
Address available by email

If you make any purchase on Amazon after clicking a product link or my button in the sidebar within 24 hours, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor