Monday, May 1, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ May 1, 2023 ~ Sugar Cookies

The weather... Sunny and cool. We're in the fifties.

Right now I am... Taking a bit of a break after vacuuming half the house. I'll do the rest when I get up. I also have a bit of a headache. I'll go to the chiropractor this afternoon and see if he can help.

Thinking... May 1st on a Monday—a sunny Monday at that. It seems like a new start kind of day. I'll be off this summer since I substitute teach. I want to think about some of the things I'd like to do to take advantage of the extra time.

On my reading pile... The Nazi Conspiracy by Brad Metzger and Josh Mensch, Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, and At Home with Madame Chic by Jennifer L. Scott. Here's my reading list.

On my TV.... I don't watch regular t.v. I do watch YouTube videos. I recently found The Trek Planner. He finds things on Google Earth, then he goes and checks them out.

Favorite blog post last week (mine or other)... Save Like Nana Did. Be Busy With Our Hands at The Bluebirds are Nesting on the Farm.

Something fun to share... This bubble refill station looks fun.

Blog hopping (newly discovered blog)... Nothing new to share, but I enjoy GDonna.

On the menu for this week... Oh, I've not made menu plans yet. We seriously need to go to the grocery store. I know I'm making beans and cornbread for supper.

On my to do list... Put house back together after garage sale, mend, knit a bit.

In the craft basket... mending and knitting.

Looking forward to this week... I'm hoping to substitute a couple of times and knit with friends. We also have our home group coming Sunday evening to our house for the first time.

Looking around the house... a bit of disarray. I'm getting the house put back together.

From the camera... I've made this cookie recipe since I was a child. I lost the recipe, but I found that I'd written it out for my daughter while I was looking through cookbooks. The recipe was from a Betty Crocker Junior Cookbook from the seventies.


On my prayer list... Salvation, healing, financial provision.

Bible verse, Devotional... "In all thy ways acknowlege Him (God), and He shall direct thy paths." We all need direction from God right now. 

Hope you have a energetic week!
Laura

See what the other ladies are up to at Happy Homemaker Monday.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links. I do love the bubble station idea - would be great for the grandkids. Enjoy your knitting and your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first grandchild will join us this summer ☀️. I am beyond excited!
      Have a peaceful weekending.
      Laura

      Delete
  2. I am busy cleaning today. I too have to get a menu plan in place. I forgot to thaw bacon, so that is getting made tomorrow. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great week! Thanks for visiting me at Harvest Lane Cottage.
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Your reading list sounds really interesting. Always like to get new ideas for books to read. And the sugar cookie recipe sounds delicious. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to balance fact and fiction. I lean towards history. I h
      ope you have a great week! Thanks for visiting me at Harvest Lane Cottage.
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Those cookies sound amazing! I hope you have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, happy May! I enjoyed your Daybook entry. I did mine on Saturday. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLA LAURA, ME ENCANTA TUS PUBLICACIONES, SIEMPRE TIENES BUENOS MENSAJES, ALIENTO Y IDEAS PARA REALIZAR, ME GUSTA MUCHO TEJER AL CROCHET Y CON 2 AGUJAS, TAMBIEN RECICLO FRASCOS Y POTES GRANDES DE PLASTICO, SI VAS POR MI BLOG, VERAS UN ALAJERO QUE LE REGALE A MI NUERA EL OTRO DIA QUE FUE SU CUMPLEAÑOS, LO HICE CON UN POTE DE CREMA PARA EL CABELLO, LO SAQUE DE LA BASURA ( QUE ASCO JAJAJJA) PERO DE MI BASURA, Y LO RECICLE QUEDO MUY LINDO Y A MI QUERIDA NUERA, LE ENCANTO. VIVIMOS EN TIEMPOS MUY DIFICILES HERMANA, LA GENTE TIENE MUCHA MALDAD, NO HAY RESPETO, HAY MUCHO ODIO E INTOLERANCIA, ES MUY DIFICIL NO PERDER LA CALMA EN ESTOS DIAS, COMO HIJA DE DIOS SE QUE NO TENGO QUE SALIR A DISCUTIR O AGREDIR VERBALMENTE A NADIE, DIOS NO QUIERE QUE ASI SEA YO, PERO TENGO 3 HIJOS DISCAPACITADOS QUE SON MENORES DE EDAD Y LA GENTE NO LOS RESPETA Y ME DA MUCHA IRA, NO DEJAN DORMIR A LA NOCHE CON EL RUIDO DE LA MUSICA MUNDANA A TODO VOLUMEN, ME ENOJO, PERO ELLOS NO ESCUCHAN NI LES INTERESA SABER DEL SEÑOR SALVADOR JESUCRISTO. ¿PUEDES ORAR POR MI Y MI FAMILIA? QUIERO MUDARME LEJOS A ALGUN SITIO DONDE NO TENGA VECINOS, YA NO SOPORTO A LA GENTE, ME PROVOCAN IRA, ENOJO, MOLESTIAS. PASA POR MI BLOG Y MIRA EL REGALO QUE HICE. DIOS TE BENDIGA Y TE FORTALEZCA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lo spent mi amiga. Tu sitio y el tiempo esta terrible.
      DIOS TE BENDIGA Y TE FORTALEZCA.

      Delete
  7. Hi Laura!
    The weather here has been all over - but still hoping Spring will stick soon. Lol That youtube channel sounds really cool. That cookie recipe sounds so good. yum 😋
    Praying for your list and this world continually. Blessings on your week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sugar cookies. I've finally found a gluten free recipe that tastes just as good as the "real" ones. I have Mere Christainity in my to read list. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found a good recipe. Gluten free is a challenge. Thanks for visiting. I invite you back!

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor