Monday, October 23, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ October 23, 2023

They're still sharing the porch,
but Fall is scooching Summer out of the way!

The weather..... Gorgeous! Sunny and seventies

Right now I am.... All dressed up with no place to go... for now anyway

Thinking.... I'm thinking about my Fall Bucket List and what I'd like to do next.

On my reading pile.... The Best Yes, John Adams, To Helveltica and Back, Stranded ~ An Ivy Malone Mystery, The New Testament ~ Luke

On my TV..... The Librarians on Prime

Favorite blog post last week....  Tired of Going it Alone?

Something fun to share....


Blog hopping.... How to Live on a Low Income by Mrs. White at Legacy of Home

On the menu for this week.... Still working this out... using up what we have in the house

On my to do list.... Too many things to list here!

In the craft basket.... I'm knitting Everything November Mitts and hand stitching Grandma Benson's quilt 


Looking forward to this week.... Tuesday night knitting at the library with friends and working in this cute library


Looking around the house.... I really need to do some tidying up.

From the camera....

I'm starting to think about Christmas. In fact, I purchased a few gifts this past week!

On my prayer list.... Israel and Hamas, my children and grandson, healing for my husband and for myself

"And the LORD, He is it that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee:  fear not, neither be dismayed."

Deuteronomy 31:8


 Be blessed and recognize those blessings dear reader in the name of Jesus Christ, 

Laura




4 comments:

  1. LAURA: QUE LINDO TU PORCH, ME GUSTA CUANDO CAEN LAS HOJAS DE LOS ARBOLES, EL OTOÑO ESTA LLAMANDO A TU PUERTA. PREGUNTA : ¿TU FESTEJAS HALLOWEEN? POR LO DE LAS CALABZAS, ¿NO CREES EN DIOS? ENTONCES, ¿COMO QUE PARTICIPAS DE LAS OBRAS INFRUSTUOSAS DE LAS TINIEBLAS? ¿O SOLO ES DECORACION? NO QUIERO OFENDER, PERO HAY MUCHOS CRISTIANOS QUE FESTEJAN ESTAS TRADICIONES QUE NADA TIENE QUE VER CON LO QUE PROFESAN, POR UN LADO AMAN A JESUS Y POR EL OTRO FESTEJAN A SATANAS, NO ENTIENDO, Y LUEGO DICEN QUE SON FESTEJOS INOFENSIVOS .......... BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Yes, I do believe in God. No, I am not offended. When my kids were little, we did sometimes go to harvest celebrations at church. We don't celebrate Halloween and the evil it includes.
    When my kids were small, I read a book to them each year called The Pumpkin Patch Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs. It was about a farmer who grew pumpkins to sell. He chose one, cleaned it out and put a new face on it. This was related to the way God cleans out the yuck and sin in our lives and puts a new happy face on us when we are saved.

    Now that the kids are adults, they chose the faces they wanted to carve on their pumpkins.

    I understand your concern. I believe that Jesus can redeem many things. We have approached these things from tht standpoint.

    Sincerely,
    Laura Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed hearing about your day to day life and the things you are and hope, to accomplish. We don't celebrate Halloween either but don't criticize those who do. Would you believe I'm almost finished with Christmas gifts. Just our son-in-law left. He's so hard to think of something for. I like to be finished early and enjoy the season with no stress, remembering that it's all about Jesus. I do have to address cards yet. That will need to be done in the next few weeks. I like to have it all finished before Thanksgiving.
    I hope your Friday is a blessed one.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, lovely friend! Your post is cozy and festive, as usual! I will be ready for all things Christmas Wednesday morning! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor