Sunday, August 23, 2026

A Little Life Update ~ July 23, 2026

     Not much going on here right now. My husband had surgery a few days ago to replace his shoulder. He's recovering as expected, but the medication is making him feel weird. 

    I've been dealing with a foot issue for a few months. I've been getting injections in my foot. Unfortunately, there was a lot of walking while I was at the hospital. My body tried to compensate for the foot pain. Now it hurts to walk, and I'm a bit unsteady on my feet. 

    My daughter Emily, the now grown up writer of Teen for the Lord in days past, came and helped us yesterday. She helped with cleaning and with taking care of her dad. It was a great blessing to us. 

    Today, we're taking it easy. Tomorrow, Lowell will have his first post-op physical therapy. I must work, but I'll take off long enough to take him to his appointment. Fortunately, therapy is here in town. 

    I know that I am helping by working to pay off our car, but I miss the days of being available when my husband or my kids need me. After so many years as an at home wife and mother, this is very different. I hope the sacrifice of not being here with him will be worth it in the long run. It doesn't feel like it right now. 

    I hope that sacrificing now to pay off debt will allow him to retire sooner. We shall see. 

    Well, that's all for now. I'm going to start getting ready for the week ahead. I work in a pediatrics clinic. The parents who didn't get their kids in for physicals this summer are going to want an appointment this week. We'll do what we can. 

    We've also entered the start of what my boss calls respiratory season. It's also called sick season. We've seen several cases of hand, foot and mouth, and we've also seen our first flu and covid cases. I'm glad I sit behind the glass and away from the kids.

    All for now. Please pray for Lowell and I to both heal. I want to take good care of him. 


Warmly,

Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing me back!

This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Laura Lane

Featured

I LOVE YOU MONTH... LEARNING

I love learning!      I love learning new things. Over the years, I've learned to quilt, bake bread, can, sew, crochet, knit, cross-stit...