Sunday, August 30, 2026

BRING ON THE 'BER MONTHS!


BRING ON THE 'BER MONTHS! 

I love how in August and early September we get a few cool mornings to give us hope for tomorrow— but then, we get slammed with ninety plus degree days again! This week we'll be over a hundred every day. I don't even know what the heat index will be. 

We've been in birthday season. It lasts about a month. Three of my children, my grandson, my brother, and  my brother-in-love all have birthdays this month! Two more to go.

A week after the last birthday, fall will arrive along with all the cozy joy it brings! I'm going to do my best to sew a bit every day in September— well, at least most days. I've really missed it. I need a few new project bags for my knitting. I may make a few extra. 

I've already received a few new fall decorations. I chose a rug with pumpkins on it and a centerpiece with fall leaves ready to hold three candles. I do love maple leaves. Carthage is called the Maple Leaf City, and we host the Maple Leaf Festival every October with thousands in attendance. We have so many wonderful maple trees in Carthage, it's the most beautiful time of the year.  

I look forward to autumn crafting, too. Inspiration is everywhere, and I'm definitely more inspired during the fall months. For now, though, I'm knitting on my works in progress. It would be so fabulous if I just had to start something new, because everything else was finished. Alas, I always start something new before I finish. I always have things on the needles. ~smile~

All for now, have a lovely Sunday. I'll have family in, and I'm looking forward to it. 

Enjoy today!
Laura


~~~~~
~~~~~

Find me online here:

@lauraofharvestlane on Instagram
Laura Lane on Goodreads 
2026 20 Finished Books Goal 60
PayPal laura@harvestlanecottage.com
Address available by email






1 comment:

  1. Your Maple Leaf Festival sounds wonderful. I'm not a big fan of winter but Spring and Autumn are my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing me back!

This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Laura Lane

Featured

I LOVE YOU MONTH... LEARNING

I love learning!      I love learning new things. Over the years, I've learned to quilt, bake bread, can, sew, crochet, knit, cross-stit...