Saturday, September 5, 2026

Sewing Through September Day 4

The chaos I call sewing.

Here I am. Day four. Once again, it was hard to come and get started. I knew that I needed this challenge. I also needed the accountability that you ladies so sweetly give me. Tonight, I started tired and with a headache. But. I. Shall.

I read the pattern again and noticed that I needed two more pieces of fusible woven interfacing. I cut those first. Then, I began fusing the interfacing. Well, I would have if I had not just plugged in the iron but turned it on! Did I mention that I don't think well with a headache?

The pretty cutting picture



Keeping it real in the cottage. This is thrifty. Someday, maybe God will provide a new one. For now, this still works. Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!

I've been making little tiny bits of progress this week. I'm using my minutes. I get a three day weekend for Labor Day. Thank you, Jesus!  I plan to finish this bag by Monday evening. I cannot wait to show you (and me) the finished bag! I may need to check my yarn stash for something fallish!



Tonight, I finished cutting the fusible interfacings and applied them. I used fusible fleece for the outer fabric and woven fusible interfacing for the lining. 


I'm a barefoot sewist. I like to feel the pedal to have better control of my stitching. 


I now have the casing for the cord basted on the top. It's way past my bedtime. I'm done for now. I'll be back with my Saturday progress.


I'm getting excited.


Enjoy your weekend!
God bless us one and all in Jesus' name!

Laura
Sewing Through September






2 comments:

  1. I like sewing barefoot, too. I have never known anyone else that does that. I have so many projects waiting for me upstairs that it isn't even funny. Have fun. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, Diana, would you like to join me in working on a project a little each day of September? I've got several knitting projects waiting for me to finish, too. I think I'll focus on that in October.

      Delete

Thanks for writing me back!

This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Laura Lane

Featured

I LOVE YOU MONTH... LEARNING

I love learning!      I love learning new things. Over the years, I've learned to quilt, bake bread, can, sew, crochet, knit, cross-stit...