Sunday, April 25, 2010

I've Heard a Peep

Spring has definitely arrived at Harvest Lane Cottage. Not only do we have flowers coming up everywhere,





we also have the sweet little peeps of baby chicks filling our back porch room. We have 6 little Buff Orpington, Three Rhode Island Red, and One Barred Rock Hen. Why the mix? Because each of my three younger children bought the ones they wanted. My only stipulations were that they buy pullets and take care of them.





















Hopefully, they'll all be hens. If not, I guess they'll be supper. Either way, they'll be food. I try to teach the children that farm animals are for food; but, we give them the best life we can while they're here by caring for them well.
Happy Sunday!
Laura








3 comments:

  1. What wonderful lessons your children learn! I work with a gal who lives on a farm and her MIL in forever buying something new, last week a llama! Her kids, 7 and 3 1/2 love it!

    Come join the postcard exchange! I bet the kiddos would love it! I alwas send Colorado wildlife for the kids!

    Hugs and happy week to you and your chicks and gang! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful teaching for your children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are lovely! And oh how I love you're little chicks. In fact, I'm quite envious. This is something I'd love to have around my house. You're babies are lucky children.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor