Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Gathering Place...a Miracle in the Making

The Gathering Place is a miracle in the making. My husband, Lowell, and I have been caretakers for an estate just south of Carthage, Missouri since September 2009. Lowell and I have been praying for months about how The Big House could be used. It's big, beautiful, and spacious. The owners, the Richarts, just want to see it cared for and enjoyed. After much prayer, Lowell talked with Mr. Richart about using the house for events such as weddings, retreats, birthday parties, reunions, business meetings, and church activities. Mr. Richart agreed; and, the two came to arrangements.


So, now we had a vision, a gathering place, and little money. So, we waited, talked and prayed. After many months, God stepped in and started making things happen. This blog will tell the story as well as give information about what we have to offer and the special events we have planned.


If you're in the Carthage area, call (417) 358-0963 to arrange a tour and discuss how we can help you make your next event memorable.


Our next big event will be a Holiday Craft Show.

It will be on Saturday, November 13 from 9:00 am to 5 pm.

We're seeking vendors of handcrafted items.

Tables will be only $20 with lunch available for just $5 per person. Just give us a call. We'd love to talk with you.


God bless!

Laura of the Gathering Place at Harvest Lane


P.S. Sue, you're not to far to come and bring your craft items!

1 comment:

  1. This just sounds so wonderful !! I wish I lived closer to come by and visit. I am about 6 hours from you.

    I can't wait to read and see what all will be coming up there for you.

    Thanks sharing.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor