Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Homemaking...


Fall homemaking is much like homemaking any time of year.  There's the regular cleaning, the laundry, the dishes, the floors and the like.  What makes fall homemaking unique for me is the feeling of nesting that I get as the breezes become cooler, the colors become warmer, and the days become shorter. 

I want to open my windows more to let in fresh cool air.  I want to bring in the warmth of pumpkin oranges, maple leaf reds, and wildflower golds.  I want to snuggle up on the sofa with a good book at the end of the day as the darkness falls earlier and earlier.

I also want to fill my home with the aroma of homemade cinnamon rolls with lots of butter, cinnamon, and sugar.  I do this every Friday morning.  I'm up at 4:00, measuring, mixing, rolling and baking.  Praise God, I have a Bosch mixer* that does the kneading for me.  My husband comes home from work around 6:30 a.m. and gets to enjoy a hot roll before making our deliveries.

My husband's taste buds are tantalized by the aroma of garlic and onions sauteing.  He knows homemade soup, chili, stew, spaghetti sauce, or salsa is being created.  Would you believe, I didn't have garlic until I was 14?  Now, I couldn't imagine my kitchen without it.

Ah well, there are so many things I enjoy about this cozy season.  I shall have to share more as time allows.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you as you trust in Him for salvation, for hope, for your every need.

Laura
Thankful to be Home

~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~ 



*I am no longer an Amazon affiliate.

2016 Fabulous Fall Party

17 comments:

  1. Love your blog colors...and I do so love fall to and curling up under a quilt and reading..Just a wonderful time of year...Have a great day..Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Laura...up at 4:00 a.m. making cinnamon rolls! I bet your cinnamon rolls are heavenly! I'd love to taste one about now!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this makes me wish I've come up with a sucessful recipe for gluten free cin. rolls, every time I've tried they fail miserably. (well not miserably I just throw the doughy mass into a pan and call it cin. cake.) I'm going to have to try a new recipe now, I've got a craving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I found this blog through the link up on Blissful and Domestic. How excited I was to see that you are my neighbor(sorta)! I live right on the state line between Joplin and Pittsburg. I can't wait to explore your blog!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melinda,
    We used to live just a few miles from Opolis! We're in Carthage now. Do you know where Miller Implement is? We lived a mile down the road to the south. I hope you see this comment. I didn't have your e-mail to respond in person.

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think cinnamon is one of my favorite flavors and fragrances! Thanks for linking up your post with us at TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome Linda. Have a great weekend.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh love cinnamon! I love this time of year too - the colours, the light, the smells...
    Thanks for sharing at Essential Fridays.
    Blessings
    Mel from Essential Thing Devotions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mel,
    It's my super favorite time of year.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura,
    Oh my godness!! Do I know where Miller Implement is?? Yeah! My Mom grew up in Medoc!! My grandparents lived in Medoc until they passed away, and are buried in the Medoc cemetery. How amazing! It's a small world isn't??
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melinda!
    How small a world is this?

    The Medoc Cemetary was right behind our house!

    We were "neighbors"!

    I hope you get this comment. I don't have any other way to contact you. ~smile~

    Blessings,
    Laura Lane
    lane dot family at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura,

    How cool!!! My email is living_in_oz@hotmail.com
    I am LOVING your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cinnamon rolls sound so good. I just can't believe we are thinking fall already. Where did the summer go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I start thinking of Fall as soon as it gets hot!

      Delete
  14. I am coming for breakfast. Wow I'd love hot out of the oven cinnamon rolls! Thanks for linking and sharing this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor