Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Greatest Work...

"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home."
~ Harold B. Lee

I agree with Mr. Lee.  I've done a lot of things in my lifetime; my husband has done even more.  When it all comes down to it though, the things we've done for our family with our family have been the things that were most worthwhile.  The time I spent teaching my children to read, the time I've been spending teaching my son division, the time I spend picking up, cleaning, washing, and cooking are all worthy of my best efforts.  Do I always give it my best effort?  Sadly, no.  Oftentimes, I find I am distracted by the difficulties of life or even the pleasures of life.  Sometimes I'm tired or don't feel well.  Still, The Word states,"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23-24 NKJV


So, this is my goal, to work heartily as unto the Lord in my home for my family. I've got a long way to go to meet my goal. Though, maybe not. I was thinking of this goal in terms of how organized and clean and efficient my house is and how organized and efficient I am at teaching my children. I think that perhaps the meaning of this verse lies more in my attitude, my willingness, and my action.


So, tonight I have three cakes, four loaves of bread, and dinner to make. I'm going to do it with cheerfulness and love just like I would if it were Jesus coming to dinner tomorrow night. I think that will fulfill the spirit of the law not just the letter.

Learning to Love The Greatest Work
Laura


~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely - that should be the motivation for all we do! Love it! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you as you work in your home this week, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor