Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In Results

Well, I have nothing to show for the Friday Night Sew-In.  What happened?  I went to the linen closet where I keep my sewing supplies.  As I was looking for the bag that has my jelly roll and pattern in it, I saw the basket of mending.  I was reminded of a story that Fly Lady recently sent out about a lady whose adult children helped her declutter her mending basket while she was mending clothes.  They finally got to the bottom of the basket and found their father's swimming trunks.  Nothing strange about that except that he'd been dead for 20 years!  I couldn't face that basket.  So, I took it to the sewing table and got busy.  Then, I curled up in bed with a Debbie Macomber story on mp3 and my Diet Pepsi.  I finished my handwork while relaxing in my cozy warm bed.  The basket is empty! 

Mended:
3 dresses
2 skirts
1 shirt,
and 1 pair of jeans

Give-away bag:
1 dress

Trashed:
1 sweater too shabby to fix or give

Total:  9 items that will not taunt me or haunt me!

Yay!

Laura
Growing in Contentment

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I have a pile of clothes to do. Skirt that need rips repaired. A few that need darts. A pair of pants never worn because the button was lost. A shirt I want to put sleeves in. The list just keeps building. Maybe I can work on them next week. This might be the motivation I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting all that work done. I need to work on my huge pile of mending too. Flylady always has encouraging stories, now if I could just follow along with her daily routine!

    These cold wintery days have me spending time in my cozy bed too. Last night I spent some time doing a little knitting, had a cup of tea and the radio on softly. My kind of way to spend a winter evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Mending is a chore no matter you try to look at it... and that mending basket will haunt you no more...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I always feel so much better when I declutter and tie up loose ends that are all around me. Then it seems like I can get moving again!

    I enjoy Debbie's book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Laura, for your wonderful, uplifting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, it cracked me up. Good for you I'd say that was time well spent. And what a great idea to listen to a story as you mend. I have a feeling I will downloading some books to listen to soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor