Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankfulness Day 3 Life Verses

Have you heard of life verses?
Basically, it is a verse or verses that the Lord has given to you, that has quickened your spirit, that you hold onto for life.  Many verses minister to us for a season. "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."  2 Timothy 3:16 A life verse differs in that it stays with you.  It guides your thinking and actions for a long extended time presumably life.  Pastor Dan Wermuth of Joplin Family Worship Center shared his last night. 

"So he answered me and said to me:  "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts."  Zechariah 4:6  This verse filters how he looks at the world and influences his actions.  It's been quite a powerful verse as he leads our church and volunteers from across the country in the Joplin tornado relief efforts.
I thank God for my life verse.  He gave it to me years ago.  I am given to anxiety if I don't ask the Holy Spirt to guard my thoughts.  Bills, extended illness, pain, homeschooling, family tension, all can add to anxiety.  I have to remind myself to be anxious for NO  THING.   You can read about my experience with this verse here

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7 

Now that's a verse to mark in your Bible!  For that matter, the whole fourth chapter of Philippians is a great place to camp out until you have its truths deep in your heart and mind.  With the holidays* and all the extra ministry activities coming up, I think I'm going to camp there this week.  Care to join me?

Think about it, search the Lord and His Word.  Ask your Father what your life verse is.  He loves it when we seek Him.  "Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the whole heart." Psalm 119:1-3

Just something to think about....

Laura

*For me, the holidays are Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.  With that in mind, I don't mind Happy Holidays.

Shared at:
Deep Roots at Home - Raising Homemakers

2 comments:

  1. I like the phrase life's verses! I always refer to them as my favorite scriptures. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God give you a beautiful Thanksgiving with friends and family, Jann.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor