Monday, December 31, 2012

Let's Start the New Year Right


To truly start the new year right, we must take some time with God to wrap up the old year.  He wants us to give Him our whole hearts.  What's been holding you back from all He has for you?  Now is the time to get alone with Him for a little while so that you can truly start the new year right with Jesus.

Do you know Jesus?  Would you like to?

I accepted Him as my savior 33 years ago on New Year's Day.  Jim Bakker was on the PTL club show interviewing an ex-drug addict.  I thought, if Jesus can forgive a drug addict, maybe He can forgive me, too.  I was 14.  Just old enough to feel the burden of sin.  That thought led to a month long journey of "finding" God.  When I went back to school, I asked Kim, a girl on my bus, if I could go to church with her.  I'm sure she was stunned.  I went to church with her, and one of my neighbors attended her church.  From that point on, Pat Sidebottom showed up every Sunday rain or shine.  I was going to church.  She stood up to my mom and weekly attendance was established.  Period.  No discussion.  Better be sicker than a dog if I tried to back out.  ~smile~  Thank God for Pat!  By the end of the month, I'd been saved and baptised.  Rolling Hills Christian Church.  Good salt-of-the-earth people.

My life changed slowly; but, I can honestly say, I'm nothing like I was.  You seriously would not have wanted to know this angry teenager who had been told she was worthless until she believed it.   It's been a long journey.  God has transformed me.  Reading His word has transformed me.  Praying has transformed me.  Worshiping God has transformed me.  Being with God's people has transformed me.  Thank you God! 

I have to wonder what the next year will be like.  After all, I'll be thirty-three. 

Have a terrific New Year's Eve and Day.

Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
Laura
Happy at Home

Shared with:
Wholehearted Home

1 comment:

  1. This was a lovely post! You have such a pretty blog. Thanks for linking up over at WholeHearted Home this past week and hope to see you again tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor