Monday, December 8, 2014

Away in a Manger... Not Just a Christmas Carol

Used with permission. Click for credit.

When I was a little girl, a very little girl, my mommy used to sing Away in a Manger to me as a lullaby.  It wasn't until I was much older that I learned that it was a Christmas carol.  It holds a special place in my heart.

I loved to listen to my mom sing.  We sang often as I grew up.  We sang while driving in the car, while we worked, while we were sitting around with nothing to do.  It was a wonderful pastime. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, I lost my song... not a certain song, but the desire to sing and sing and sing.  Perhaps it was when she died young. Perhaps it was the hardships of life.  Perhaps it was something else.  I don't really know.  I'm asking God to give me back my song.

Away in a Manger seems a good place to begin.

Happy Christmas!

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage



~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~









8 comments:

  1. Laura, I am so sorry that your mom died young, but I'm certainly grateful that you have those sweet memories of singing together. I'll be praying along with you. He will give you back your song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Dianna!
    Happy Christmas!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Laura, I just know you'll get your song back. How about playing Christmas carols while you're home. I bet after awhile, you'll find yourself singing along. Your mother would be so happy to think you got your song back. May you have a blessed holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you find your voice and sing soon. How wonderful your Mom sounds. She left a great impression on you!

    When I sing to the Lord it makes me feel so good and happy. I'm loud so I know he's got the volume turned down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vickie,
    I sing a bit at home and a lot in church. I will pray again tonight and ask God to put a song in my heart so that I want to sing a lot like when I was young.
    Thanks for encouraging me.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Susan. Have a good Christmas.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor