|Join us at The Simple Woman!|
It's Monday again! Last week was a difficult week that ended in blessing. God has been so good to us. It's quiet here. I hear my daughter practicing piano and the hum of the air conditioner as I click away on the keyboard.
Last time I wrote a daybook entry, I mentioned making another bucket list. I did it. Here's my summer bucket list if you've not seen it. The point is not to do everything, it's to keep ideas fresh in my mind so that I do something. ~grin~ It's too easy to be lazy in the summer heat.
Thanks for dropping by! May God grant you the desires of your heart as you delight in Him.
God bless you!
|Tiger and Penny being lazy after a little tussle match|
For Today... July 11, 2016
Outside my window... Blue skies, 82° with a high in the lower nineties today. I love the shimmer of the sunshine on the leaves as the breeze blows through the branches of the trees in our circle drive and the trees that surround it. They've grown a lot since we moved here six years ago, so we have a lot of shade now.
I am thinking... how very blessed I am. I have little in the way of money, but God has made it possible to live so much better than one would expect we can. God has done it through gifts from dear friends, kind readers, anonymous gifts, thrifty yard sale and thrift shop purchases, making things over and making do, and selling a few things on Craig's List, Etsy, and Ebay.
I am thankful... that God made me resourceful and creative.
I am wearing... a grey knit skirt and a purple and navy knit blouse. Yes. I wear skirts or dresses 99% of the time. My husband prefers it, and I am more comfortable. The other 1% is when I'm swimming in the creek or outside in very cold weather.
I am creating... Actually, I just finished the baby bibs I talked of making in my last daybook. I printed off the tutorial way back in 2009 from a blog called Going Sew Crazy. The blog doesn't seem to exist anymore from my searches. If you know otherwise, I'd love you to let me know. It took me long enough to finally use the pattern! My husband told me last night that he likes to see me sewing, because he knows it makes me happy.
"Mothers have to be peaceful. There is going to be a lot of stress in families. There will be trials and sorrows and fear. But Mother has to keep the house, and keep her soul quiet and gentle."~ Mrs. Sharon White, The Legacy of Home
A peek into one of my days...
From the Board Room... Time to look for a new sewing project.
A Favorite Link... Laine's Letters written by a Jesus loving wife and mother about seeking God, loving home and family, and making do with what she has.
Have a wonderful week!
*Oops! It's in my Kindle with the Grace Livingston Hill books! I thought it sounded different than her regular style of writing! Thanks for the correction Sharon D..