I come to you with an urgent prayer request from Cheryl Smith at Homespun Devotions for her niece Kristen and her unborn baby.
Dear friends,I am sorry to bother you today. But, I come to you with yet another earnest petition for prayer for my dear niece, Kristen and her unborn baby boy.Most of you have been praying for them throughout, but for those who are not familiar with what is going on, Kristen developed a blood clot in her lung early in her pregnancy. She has been at serious risk all through the pregnancy, due to the blood clot and also severe tachycardia. She has been on a blood thinner called Lovenox through almost her entire pregnancy, and the doctors have said since day one that there is no way she should go into labor on Lovenox, as the risk of her bleeding to death is very high. The plan has always been to switch her to the blood thinner, heparin, before she gives birth, because there is an antidote shot they can give to offset the heparin, should she go into labor soon after giving herself the injection. The fear of being on heparin is that the heparin can cross over into the placenta, whereas the Lovenox cannot. So, the concern has been to wait as long as possible to make the switch, for the sake of the baby. If the blood thinner crosses over, it would be near-sure death for the precious little one.What complicates things even more is that the doctors cannot come to an agreement on when Kristen's exact due date is, and Kristen feels she is farther along than any of the three of them believe she is. The baby is already 7 1/2 pounds, so it is obvious that it won't be too much longer until she gives birth.They made the decision yesterday to make the switch from Lovenox to heparin. The baby, who has been VERY active all throughout the pregnancy, has almost completely stopped moving. Kristen was so concerned, so called her doctor, and they had her come in for a test. Thankfully, the little guy did respond when they did the test, but there is very little movement, and Kristen is not feeling well at all and is very tired.In spite of our deep faith in God, I cannot begin to tell you how scared we all are. Kristen is exhausted from the many months of the strain, illness, fear, and daily injections. We know that GOD is able to do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think, and we are just pleading with Him for mercy upon Kristen and her baby's lives and health. We would be SO grateful if you could please pray hard for them and if you would kindly pass along this prayer request to every prayer warrior and prayer list you know or are a part of. We are looking for GOD to do a huge miracle in this situation. I often think of Jehoshaphat's words, "Neither know we what to do, but our eyes are upon Thee."I hate to keep being a bother, but I am just so desperate for prayer for them today. You will never know how much I appreciate your prayers.Much love and gratitude,Cheryl and Family
The doctors are FINALLY coming to a place of agreement about Kristen's due date and are now saying they will do a C-section the first week of July, Lord willing. Please pray that she doesn't go into labor before then, as she needs to stop the heparin the day before the C-section. God bless and keep her and the baby safe. ~ Cheryl 6/16/17
Mommy Monday Mommy Moments Amaze Me Monday Homemaking Party