Sunday, June 11, 2017

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST FOR KRISTEN AND BABY! UPDATED 6/16/17!

Hello friends, 
 I come to you with an urgent prayer request from Cheryl Smith at Homespun Devotions for her niece Kristen and her unborn baby.


Dear friends,

I am sorry to bother you today.  But, I come to you with yet another earnest petition for prayer for my dear niece, Kristen and her unborn baby boy.

Most of you have been praying for them throughout, but for those who are not familiar with what is going on, Kristen developed a blood clot in her lung early in her pregnancy.  She has been at serious risk all through the pregnancy, due to the blood clot and also severe tachycardia.  She has been on a blood thinner called Lovenox through almost her entire pregnancy, and the doctors have said since day one that there is no way she should go into labor on Lovenox, as the risk of her bleeding to death is very high.  The plan has always been to switch her to the blood thinner, heparin, before she gives birth, because there is an antidote shot they can give to offset the heparin, should she go into labor soon after giving herself the injection.  The fear of being on heparin is that the heparin can cross over into the placenta, whereas the Lovenox cannot.  So, the concern has been to wait as long as possible to make the switch, for the sake of the baby.  If the blood thinner crosses over, it would be near-sure death for the precious little one.

What complicates things even more is that the doctors cannot come to an agreement on when Kristen's exact due date is, and Kristen feels she is farther along than any of the three of them believe she is.  The baby is already 7 1/2 pounds, so it is obvious that it won't be too much longer until she gives birth.

They made the decision yesterday to make the switch from Lovenox to heparin.  The baby, who has been VERY active all throughout the pregnancy, has almost completely stopped moving.  Kristen was so concerned, so called her doctor, and they had her come in for a test.  Thankfully, the little guy did respond when they did the test, but there is very little movement, and Kristen is not feeling well at all and is very tired.  

In spite of our deep faith in God, I cannot begin to tell you how scared we all are.  Kristen is exhausted from the many months of the strain, illness, fear, and daily injections.  We know that GOD is able to do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think, and we are just pleading with Him for mercy upon Kristen and her baby's lives and health.  We would be SO grateful if you could please pray hard for them and if you would kindly pass along this prayer request to every prayer warrior and prayer list you know or are a part of.  We are looking for GOD to do a huge miracle in this situation.  I often think of Jehoshaphat's words, "Neither know we what to do, but our eyes are upon Thee."  

I hate to keep being a bother, but I am just so desperate for prayer for them today.  You will never know how much I appreciate your prayers.

Much love and gratitude,
Cheryl and Family

UPDATE!
The doctors are FINALLY coming to a place of agreement about Kristen's due date and are now saying they will do a C-section the first week of July, Lord willing.  Please pray that she doesn't go into labor before then, as she needs to stop the heparin the day before the C-section.  God bless and keep her and the baby safe. ~ Cheryl 6/16/17



Mommy Monday  Mommy Moments  Amaze Me Monday Homemaking Party



24 comments:

  1. praying for her and her baby and also praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Laura! Words fail me to express my deep gratitude to you, sweet friend! I cannot thank you enough for sharing this post and asking others to pray for my dear niece. THANK YOU from the bottom of our grateful hearts, and may God reward you for the burden you carry for others, right in the midst of your own pain and suffering. I love and appreciate you so very much and am praying often for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the least I can do Cheryl. I've come to care so much for Kristen and baby and papa as well. God is so good Cheryl. You're going to see a miracle. I just know it!
      Stand still and see the salvation of the LORD!

      Delete
  3. Praying for God's peace and protection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura,
    I'm praying ever so much for Kristen and her baby. I'm praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for miracles for Mom and Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl, I am praying for Kristen, baby and family.. My heart goes out to this precious family. What a long time they have been going through this.. Praying God be with Kristen and her baby.. So happy to hear the baby responded.Praying he will continue to be ok and will be delivered soon ..healthy and blessed.[Mama too].
    Laura, praying this weeks chemo will not be so hard on you. May God bless you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayer Judy! I forwarded your note to Cheryl.

      Delete
    2. Dear Judy! You will never know how much we appreciate your support and prayers through this ordeal. God bless you, sweet friend. :)

      Delete
  7. Praying for Mom, precious baby & her family. May they look to the Lord for peace and strength during this most difficult time. His plan is perfect although we can't understand it at times. Also praying for the doctors & nurses caring for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for Kristen and her precious child. Lord protect this little child and deliver him safely into this world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for Kristen and her family.
    Praying for you also Laura. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for Kristen and the baby and the doctors. We have a lady in our church with a similar situation. She has two boys and this baby is a girl. She is in her 6th month. I ask for your prayers for her, too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for Gods miraculous healing of Kristen, and that no medications will have been of harm to the baby, with a normal healthy birth.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for Mom and baby, and you too Laura! I place all of you into God's hands, and implore His mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A BIG thank you to ALL of you dear ones who are praying for my precious niece and her baby. I cannot express how much it means to us at this time. May God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for Kristen and Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers being sent to our all-mighty Healer for renewed health for Kristen & a safe birth for her baby. Also praying for you, Laura, as you continue your chemo treatments. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have been praying!

    Not trying to start any difference of opinion with this comment.
    But that being said,

    Pray Ezekiel 16: 6 for them both.
    For Any disease concerning blood, flow,and health and life of the blood.
    It is a plea to God to come close, and give life sustaining blood to an issue. It is a plea for cleansing of anything involving blood in people.
    Blood is the life force, and it is a plea to God that He might choose to give life to the blood. It is a cry out to Him.

    Laura, if you so choose, you can send this on privately to the aunt, or delete it all together.

    But I believe in the power of scripture spoken for us. I have been praying this for my daughter in law, who has problems with her blood and is due next month.

    Some people might take issue with this, so please just use your discretion. I do not want your blog to be a platform for division.
    It is not a guarantee, but I do know cases where people have been healed. I see it as a prayer speaking scripture back to our Father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass it on to Cheryl, Annie, and I will publish it.

      I do not believe that anyone who reads this blog would be so unkind or divisive to argue this. We may not all agree on every jot and tittle, but we love the LORD JESUS with all our hearts, minds, souls, and strength.

      I know that some ladies aren't there yet, but I believe by the blood of Jesus, they will be. We just gotta love them to JESUS!

      Hugs to you, thank you so much for praying earnestly.
      Laura

      Delete
  17. Laura, I am new here from Cindy's Amaze Me Monday, and I was so touched by your plea for prayers for Kristen and her baby. She has immediately been added to my prayer journal. I cannot even imagine the stress this has been on Kristen and all of your family. My good thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor