Friday, March 23, 2018

A Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage #124

Welcome to another 
Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage!
Each week I share ways I've saved money, my thrifty and frugal projects, and my blessings from God. 

A Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage
I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
Please say hello! I'm always looking for new blog friends!

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

Hello!
  I'm feeling a bit better each day. I am excited for spring and hope that I can be more thrifty and productive over the coming weeks. I have a daughter who would like to learn to make strawberry jam, so I'll be watching for a good deal. My husband and I have decided not to put in a garden this year. He will be having knee surgery sometime in the coming months, and I will continue my Herceptin chemo treatments until the end of summer with surgery in the fall again. I do think we may plant just a few things in pots. We shall see. There are seasons for everything. We simply must be practical.

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~
Here's my thrifty blessed week!
  • My daughter bought an 8 pack of wintergreen breath savers for me for $3.97. That's about fifty cents each. I've been buying them for around a buck and a half individually!  That's a huge savings. 
  • I sewed the binding back on my son's blanket. 
  • I met a friend at the coffee shop, and this time I got to pay. She's blessed me by buying my Chai Tea Latte in the past. It's just as much a blessing to give as to receive. Thanks for being my friend, Beth!
  • Aldi had spiral sliced hams on sale for $.95 a pound. I bought two. I expect we'll eat one on Easter.
  • Dear friends visited from out of town. Julia treated us to lunch at Panera to celebrate her birthday. Thank you Julia!
  • A "secret admirer" bought our Sunday lunch at the restaurant. Thank you "secret admirer"!
  • I received an email saying that I had been given a Walmart e-gift card. Thank you Michelle!
  • I knit on Tuesday evenings with a group of stitch sisters at a coffee shop. I save money by purchasing iced tea instead of a fancy coffee drink.
  • I donated a few hats to the chemo center last week that I made with yarn I'd been given. I'm learning new knitting skills and giving the hats away.
  • I met a friend for lunch at Subway. I used a coupon for our lunches, then she surprised me by paying. Thank you Kelly!
  • My husband took my daughter, Amy, to the catalog return store and bought a lot of clothes her and for him at 75% off.
That's my week.
What are you doing in your home this week?


Tiger is our dream kitty.
He's like butter in your hands and so sweet and affectionate.

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

May you find peace and joy this week 
regardless of  your situation.

ღLauraღ
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~


Thank you all for writing to me. I read every comment. I truly appreciate the support you've all given me during my treatments. If you'd like a response to your comment, please make sure that I have your email. I'm not taking time right now to copy responses onto the blog. I am having trouble keeping up. Please understand. Thanks! Laura


~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

11 comments:

  1. Tiger looks like our tomcat, Sue (long story, don't ask!) So glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I donated a few hats to the chemo center last week that I made with yarn I'd been given."

    This made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear you're feeling better. You're such a trooper! I enjoy reading your thrifty posts. I'm trying to think how I was thrifty this week... I'm putting together a care package for my missionary in Peru. She wanted a new skirt and I found a cute denim one on the clearance rack. I figure it will go with most any blouse and be durable at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that you are on the mend! I feel like just getting past all this cold weather and being able to get outside in the sunshine will do so much after such a dark and cold winter. We only do container gardening here and it is easy. I do grape tomatoes and herbs and that is all but just having those sweet delicious tomatoes is good enough for us. I fertilize them with crushed egg shells and coffee grounds and they do great. We got a lot of great grocery deals this week. Crazy low prices such as bacon for 1.98 a pound and quart containers of chicken broth for 15 cents. That ham price was great. I have not seen that here at our Aldi. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, What a blessing to read your posts..so happy to hear you are feeling better. Now, just be careful not to overdo things! As you said in your post, there is a time and season for everything..that includes resting..A gentle smile and hug to you across the miles. Karla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura, it sounds like another good week in your world. I'm sure it pleases God when we recognize and are thankful for our blessings... big and small!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are feeling better. But i agree with the no garden. I had to not have a garden one year because my arthritis was flaring so badly. You just have to choose what you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura I thought of you today and wanted to pop over and say Hi. Praying for your recovery.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura, you are wise to know this may not be the time to start a garden. Knee surgery can be fast or slow to recover from.
    I am glad to read you are starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can certainly see your enthusiasm within the article
    you write. The world hopes for more passionate
    writers like you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe.
    All the time follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola mi preciosa hermanita, me regocijo ,que estes mucho mejor. Muy hermosa la lista de bendiciones, muchísimas gracias a Dios 🙏🙏.Muchos besitos mi querida Laura, Dios te bendiga a ti y tu linda family 😘😘🙅🙅💝💖🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor