Saturday, August 15, 2026

Seven Minutes #10




Seven minutes of writing stream of conciousness begins now!

Thoughtless. Well. Blank. Well. I cannot think of a thing to write. Is this writer's block? Well, not exactly. I just have a headache, and can't think what to write. So, I'm typing along, wasting your time, ~wink~, and hoping that I think of something interesting. 

The truth is, I think I'd rather be knitting right now. I'm making a Reading Shawl. I've been knitting it since June. I saw the idea on Crazy Sock Lady's YouTube channel, and I decided to buy the pattern but make it my own. 

I wanted to use up the little balls of yarn that I bought last year from an etsy seller. I'll put the links to all of this below after the 7 minutes. I've actually made a lot of progress on this shawl this summer. I've had to learn how to make a good magic knot that won't pull apart. It was the best way I could think to avoid weaving in 10,000 ends when I was done. 

This project works great for my distracted personality. I love getting to change colors after every little ball. They range from 5 to 10 grams each. I'm also using my own leftovers. It's all sock yarn. The oatmeal color is carried throughout. I'll link to that after the 7 minutes, too. I cannot think of the names this quickly. ~smile~

I think I'm a patchwork, crazy quilt, use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without kind of girl. I've always liked making something out of "nothing" and finding ways to use what I have on hand. I've bought four skeins of yarn at $11 for this project so far. That's a lot of money for me to spend on one project, but this is going to be big enough to wrap up in and really be warm this fall and winter. Think ultimate cozy!

Well, time's up, but I'm going to go back now and link some things for you.

I hope I didn't bore you too much this week. ~smile~ We all have our days. When I finish linking, I think I'll eat a tuna sandwich and then go knit a couple of rows. 

Blessings,
Laura


I've been very happy with my purchases from Wool & Co. They offer free shipping without a minimum purchase, too. Win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing me back!

This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Laura Lane

Featured

I LOVE YOU MONTH... LEARNING

I love learning!      I love learning new things. Over the years, I've learned to quilt, bake bread, can, sew, crochet, knit, cross-stit...