Sunday, May 3, 2009

Misses and Wishes and Thanks— My Mom


Mother's Day is coming up soon. I read an article in Homestead Happenings that brought tears to my eyes and made me miss my mom so much. This letter to God and my mom are the result of it. In a way, it's a tribute to her. If your mom has gone on to be with Jesus, I think you may relate.

♥♥♥♥♥

Father God,
You know that I don't talk to my momma. You know that I believe you don't want us to try to contact the dead. But please, will you give my Mom this message? Tell my mom I love her. Tell her these things for me please Jesus.

Dear Mom,
I miss calling you on the phone anytime I need you saying, "This is Holly Homemaker hollering home for help."
I miss the you and me trips to the EZ Shop for a soda.
I miss running to garage sales on Saturday mornings to hunt for treasures.
I miss going to the grocery store together.
I miss cooking with you.
I miss singing in the car together.
I miss asking advice on this or that.
I miss your voice.
I miss your hugs.
I miss you bossing me around.
I miss your zest for life.
I miss your enthusiasm.
I miss your artistic talents.
I miss you holding me when I need it.
I miss you being my encourager.
I miss sitting with you on the back porch while you played the harmonica.
I miss sharing secrets with you.
I miss making Christmas together.
I miss your handwriting. It is so beautiful. Are you a scribe in Heaven?
I miss the accountability I had with you.

I wish we could make scrapbooks together. I know how we both love paper.
I wish we could worship God together, side by side, in harmony.
I wish you could brush Amy's hair; it's golden like yours was as a girl.
I wish you could sing and dance with Emily; she's so dramatic like you are.
I wish you could teach Michael more about drawing; he has your drawing talent.
I wish you could spend some one-on-one time with Matthew.
I wish we could take a mother-daughter get away, just the two of us, someplace special.
I wish you could see your first great-grandson, Braydon, and hold him in your arms. Think of it. You're 61 and you have a great-grandchild!
I wish you could come to Matthew's graduation.
I wish you had e-mail.

I love you Mom.
Laura

Thank You God for caring about all things in our hearts and in our emotions. Thank you for understanding the pain we feel when we are separated from our loved ones, even if it's just temporary. Thank You for easing my pain and sorrow. Thank You for giving me babies to keep me busy around the time when Mom was dying and when she died. Thank You for giving me hope for the future and something to look forward to even in the darkest hours. Thank You for saving my mom, for saving me, and for saving all those who call on Your name, believe in their hearts that God raised Jesus, His only begotten Son, from the dead and confess it with their mouths.

Thank You Jesus.
I love You.
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Sending love and hugs Laura. I just got off the telephone from speaking with my mom. I know one day that I won't be able to speak to her and I dread that day, but I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and His promises and I know that one day we'll be together again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor